Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Schwieger
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know the Confederates can't road move into the two spaces that make up the town of Gettysburg. Can the Union road move into/through those spaces out the other side? Could a block road move along the Taneytown Road and then back out the Baltimore Pike provided it never moved adjacent or in field of fire of an enemy block? I'm not sure where one road ends and another begins or if that matters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gorski
United States
Blairstown
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe you are correct. In the case of the Union forces, the only limitation I can see to road movement is contact with the enemy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Rochelle
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
9 92 33 JOFA
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Union reinforcements can move any distance along any major roads, subject to two limitations:

1) enemy field of fire or adjacency

2) only one block can use a given stretch of road during a phase

So for the example, a Union reinforcement could enter from Baltimore, move through Gettysburg, and proceed south along the Taneytown road to, say, the Peach Orchard. Another Union reinforcement entering from Taneytown by road would be unable to travel to travel past the Peach Orchard (two on-road paths may not overlap) and, by my reading, could not even enter the final position of the first block but would instead have to stop one position short (two on-road paths may not intersect).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kotsarinis
Greece
Preveza
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
And just a minor issue that popped in my head.

I can't spot in the rules anything prohibiting a block moving on-road "passing-through" another friendly block occupying a position the road crosses.

Is that the case indeed or have I missed something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.