Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Tongue
United Kingdom
Bristol
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I played this game for the first time last night and absolutely loved it but it did leave the group with a few questions.

My apologies if these have been answered elsewhere, I haven't had time to thoroughly read the board.

1. Order of monster attacks:

Some monsters hit multiple targets, e.g. the two players that did the most damage. For the purposes of 'I think he called you ugly too', which would be considered the 'first' attack? The player that did the most damage? or the 1st player in initiative order? or random?

2. Double Strikes:

I understand that a critical miss would cause both of the replacement attacks to miss. Would 'not so tough' allow you to rotate both attacks?

3. Potion durations:

If a potion lasts for two rounds but the combat is over in one round. Does the potion carry over to the first round of the next combat or is the second round wasted?

4.Riders:

If a player plays a rider to affect his next attack, but the combat ends before that attack takes place. Is the rider discarded or will it affect the first round of the next combat?

5. Unplayed set cards:

If you have set a card (in position 6 for example) but the creature is played before your turn, is your set card discard or does it return to your hand?

6. Not on my watch:

Can you target NOMW with another NOMW, thus saving the target card of the first NOMW?

7: Action card:

If something is to be played 'after an attack', does it have to be immediately after? At what point is it too late to play that card?

8. Spite:

This was an awesome encounter that took ages to defeat because our group would not co-operate.

If the most damaging player uses 'My Hero' to redirect their damage to another player. Which of them has to discard their attack cards, as per Spite's ability. 'My Hero' does mention redirecting 'all other effects' to the new target, but Spite's wording seems to suggest the attack card discard is a separate ability rather than an effect of her attack

Thanks in advance for your help

Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Covert
United States
Sandy Hook
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

1. Order of monster attacks:

Some monsters hit multiple targets, e.g. the two players that did the most damage. For the purposes of 'I think he called you ugly too', which would be considered the 'first' attack? The player that did the most damage? or the 1st player in initiative order? or random?

It depends on the type of Encounter. If the creature attacks Players #1 and #2, then UGLY replaces that target with Player #1 (or first in Initiative order) If it attacks the two players who did the most damage, it chooses who did the most damage - or if tied, the first of them to do that damage in the round.

2. Double Strikes:

I understand that a critical miss would cause both of the replacement attacks to miss. Would 'not so tough' allow you to rotate both attacks?

Not so tough rotates a single attack. So, just one of the replaced attack cards.

If the attack has a rider (Slip Behind, Focus Strength) it is considered one attack and both rotate.

3. Potion durations:

If a potion lasts for two rounds but the combat is over in one round. Does the potion carry over to the first round of the next combat or is the second round wasted?

No. Who knows how long it takes to get to the other room. The second round is wasted.

4.Riders:

If a player plays a rider to affect his next attack, but the combat ends before that attack takes place. Is the rider discarded or will it affect the first round of the next combat?

The rider is discarded. What you slipped behind or focused on - is gone.

5. Unplayed set cards:

If you have set a card (in position 6 for example) but the creature is played before your turn, is your set card discard or does it return to your hand?

When the creature dies - all face down cards set for attacks are discarded.

6. Not on my watch:

Can you target NOMW with another NOMW, thus saving the target card of the first NOMW?

YOU BET!

7: Action card:

If something is to be played 'after an attack', does it have to be immediately after? At what point is it too late to play that card?

This is not a 'reflex game'. There is ample time for someone to react to any card played. There is an understood pause that precedes the next player's turn. "everyone good?" If no one wants to play a card, then it is the next player's Turn. Once they flip their attack, it is too late to react to the last one. It is the responsibility of the player of the Action card to pause the game while they consider, if necessary. But a player can not 'speed play' their set attack card to prevent an Action card. Is that understood?

8. Spite:

This was an awesome encounter that took ages to defeat because our group would not co-operate.

If the most damaging player uses 'My Hero' to redirect their damage to another player. Which of them has to discard their attack cards, as per Spite's ability. 'My Hero' does mention redirecting 'all other effects' to the new target, but Spite's wording seems to suggest the attack card discard is a separate ability rather than an effect of her attack

The players doing the most damage are attacked - and their attack cards do not hit her. My Hero reassigns her attack to another player, but she still ignores the two strongest attacks.

Hope that clears things up.
Best
Curt
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.