Sid Meier's Civilization: The Board Game» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: PBF Game #76 (5 players Star Map) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
bli bla
msg tools
mbmb
Let's go for a new game.

Once again I come with some special game, sick off always 4 players games ^^.

So we will go for a 5 players game with a Star Map :

The special rules about this map are :

Location have 3 references (greek letter, latin letter, number).
Greek letters correspond to a 4 tiles part of the map.
Latin letter and number stay the same.

Alpha is adjacent to Beta and Epsilon.
Beta is adjacent to Alpha and Gamma.
etc.
So for exemple, a unit with 2 movement speed can move from Alpha H8 to Beta H8 and finaly to Gamma H8.

If a City is build at a H8 location, it will only contain 7 outskirt squares, and no other City can be build at a H8 location (because of overlapping outskirts).

All the starting tiles will be oriented in the same direction (randomly decided) -> All facing the adjacent left tile or facing the adjacent right tile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrius CT
Lithuania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: #PBF Game 76 5 players Star Map
Awesome this will be FaF, because of magic things?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bli bla
msg tools
mbmb
AndrewCT wrote:
Awesome this will be FaF, because of magic things?

I don't care about FaF or Base moderating ^^.
To make some move on the list maybe I will make a Base game as #74 & #75 are FaF games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bli bla
msg tools
mbmb
Ok this will be a Base game as all games still going are FaF games.

Here the rules I would like to be played but they are just suggestions ^^ :

1) Coin from MetalCasting to Railroad.

2) Random Civ.

3) Possibility to Obsolete wonders at Market.

4) Tie-break special rule :

Military don't overwin other kinds of victory. It goes like other kinds to tie-break (but we added +x points for each combat bonus and +x points where x= the level of each non obsoleted wonders). The point is that a player that haves lost his capital will not take part to the tie-break (even if he achieved a kind of victory and even a military one but this case never happen yet ^^ ; the player can still use his troops untill the end of the turn and destroy another player capital, but will not go for tie-break as he doesn't have his capital anymore). Of course, in a 2 players game Military always won over other kind of victory, except if the player that haves lost his capital destroys the opponent capital in the same turn but this case haves like 0.1% chance to happen ^^.

+1 point for each tech
+1 point for each step on the culture track
+1 point for each coin
+0.5 point for each combat bonus (3 barracks gives you +3)
+1 point for a non-obsoleted lvl 1 wonder.
+2 point for a non-obsoleted lvl 2 wonder.
+3 point for a non-obsoleted lvl 3 wonder.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoph Wolf
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Didn't know modding was addictive o.O
You sure have plenty of free time itchi laugh have fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bli bla
msg tools
mbmb
CJWF wrote:
Didn't know modding was addictive o.O
You sure have plenty of free time itchi laugh have fun!

Hehe I have only game #70 active for now so I can handle a second Moderating ^^. + It don't demand as much time as I thought.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
yb qye
msg tools
Hello!

First of all thank You for invitation. If I get to play:

1) Agree, but I'd suggest to move a coin on Biology tech, it is the rarest reseached level III tech in our real games.

2) I'd like to try Germany. But if we all go with random civs, I'm fine with that.

3) Agree.

4) Agree.

Random colour.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bli bla
msg tools
mbmb
Indeed Biology is rarely used. It's only taken if you need stacking limit and didn't take Printing press.
To be honest, the change of coin from Metalcasting to Railroad seems to become an official change. That's why every PBF game suggest it. About Biology, maybe it will be more used with W&W as wound will count in battle result.
Anyway I will follow the majority ^^.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morthai Saichor
Germany
Vienna
flag msg tools
badge
my projects: The Silken Threads Descent Campaign; Dawn of Civilization Mod
mbmbmbmbmb
wow ichi must want to play alot as much moderations he does! i would love to try this variant!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikolay Donald
Russia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for the invitation!
But I consider to skip this one, I'm still waiting for a standard 4-players game

Good luck to all players!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gergely Kantor
Hungary
flag msg tools
Thanks for the invitation, but I'm not really comfortable with the map layout. Sorry. I'll wait for a standard base game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Luza
Germany
Düsseldorf
NRW
flag msg tools
Look me up in Dutch theaters! www.opsterkwater.nl
badge
Sweet boardgame music: http://youtube.com/c/TheHappyLuza
mbmbmbmbmb
Can i play, please please please please? :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Inthepast
United Kingdom
Bury St. Edmunds
flag msg tools
mb
I can play,

Random colour, random civ.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bli bla
msg tools
mbmb
Here are the 4 players I'm still waiting their answer :

Thepoz / Manitobajay / coursework / erijo979

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bli bla
msg tools
mbmb
To Morthai and Dave : This will be a Base game because a lot of players in the list want Base game and the Majority of games running are FaF. So to clean up the list I prefer moderating a Base game (even if I will never play base game anymore ^^).

But don't worry, next game I will mod will probably be a 3 players Windmill or 5 Players Star map with FaF.

Maybe I will open it sooner that I thought (like in 1 week or 10 days). But I would love seeing custom civ in play if we play a 5 players game with FaF, it brings so much more fun and variety. Morthai will be in because of the #73 Moderating. For other players I will follow the list but as Custom Civs will be in play and as the map can "annoye" some players (even if I wouldn't understand why ^^), I think we gonna pick players far in the list ^^.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Luza
Germany
Düsseldorf
NRW
flag msg tools
Look me up in Dutch theaters! www.opsterkwater.nl
badge
Sweet boardgame music: http://youtube.com/c/TheHappyLuza
mbmbmbmbmb
Itchi wrote:
To Morthai and Dave : This will be a Base game because a lot of players in the list want Base game and the Majority of games running are FaF. So to clean up the list I prefer moderating a Base game (even if I will never play base game anymore ^^).

But don't worry, next game I will mod will probably be a 3 players Windmill or 5 Players Star map with FaF.

Maybe I will open it sooner that I thought (like in 1 week or 10 days). But I would love seeing custom civ in play if we play a 5 players game with FaF, it brings so much more fun and variety. Morthai will be in because of the #73 Moderating. For other players I will follow the list but as Custom Civs will be in play and as the map can "annoye" some players (even if I wouldn't understand why ^^), I think we gonna pick players far in the list ^^.

Great. i would still love a chance to cash in on me modding 2 games last year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bli bla
msg tools
mbmb
Ok.
I will Invite some more people down in the list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Schallert
United States
Bloomington
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure, I'm in.

The optional rules sound fine to me, but I will need a run down on the actual process of playing the game this way, since this will be my first game of this by forum.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kahla & Phil Bellhouse
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the offer of playing in this very interesting game. At the moment I do not have the time to devote to a new map style and I am waiting for a normal 2-4 player game to keep learning the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
"Where are you from?" "Long story. The Pacific Ocean, I guess."
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in if it's the base game and you have space. I'm not familiar with FaF rules. Don't care about which civ or color I am.

Also, could you explain how H8 would have 7 tiles in the outskirts? I'm having a tough time visualizing how that would work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bli bla
msg tools
mbmb
Mythdracon wrote:
I'm in if it's the base game and you have space. I'm not familiar with FaF rules. Don't care about which civ or color I am.

Also, could you explain how H8 would have 7 tiles in the outskirts? I'm having a tough time visualizing how that would work.

For example : A city found at Alpha H8. Oustiskirt squares are : Alpha H7, Alpha G7, Alpha G8 (on the same tile) and Beta H8, Beta G8 (on the tile to the right), and Epsilon H8, Epsilon H7 (on the tile below). -> 7 Outskirt squares.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boski
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thank you for invitation Itchi, however I'm not interested in 5 players game. Despite this I'm really happy to know that you're so much in moderating. Good luck and have fun everyone!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Sales
Portugal
Lisbon
flag msg tools
Game translator in English French, Spanish and Portuguese (PT). Contact me for info
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi

Thank you for the invitation but I'll be on vacation for a couple weeks.

Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bli bla
msg tools
mbmb
Ok the game will start soon as we have 5 players :

ybqye
Markinthepast
Fromage
Mythdracon
AndrewCT

It seems everyone is ok with the variants rules so we will play with it (random civ and color, Coin from Metalcasting to Railraod, possibility to obsolete wonders at market, tie-break special homemade variant rules).

For your information, you have to check at least the thread once per day, or you will get a yellow card. Getting 2 yellow cards and you will be replaced by another player.
Of course, if you announce that you will be off for 1 or 2 days because of "x" or "y", there is no problem and you will not get a yellow card.
I will do the same if I cannot be there for a particular period of time. But mainly I will be able to check the forum and make updates twice a day.

Tell me if it's ok for all you 5 ?

Then we will start the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrius CT
Lithuania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for invite, Itchi.

Ok for me. Let's go

Good luck everyone !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [19] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.