GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,154 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

John Cobb
United States
Conway
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some questions from the Yahoo group and the answers I've rec'd. I treat the responses by Ed himself to be "official" rulings.

Question 1:
1) There is no Weapon Cost in the manual for Nets. Should there be? Are nets "free" when calculating a gladiator's Rating?
2) Since a net gives the same protection as a small shield (p.8), do they have the same Armor Cost as small shields when calculating Rating?

A1: Treat as small shield for rating and cost. Thanks for the catch! - Ed

Question 2:
Gladiator A enters zone with opponents X and Y. Does A only target one of them and start a Maneuver/Attack cycle, or does A have to target both X and Y, conducting a separate cycle for each?

A2: Gladiator A enters and Maneuvers against one gladiator, the closest he contacts. - Ed

Question 3:
Page 9 under the Gladiator Rating section states that Intrinsic Armor is
counted when calculating Rating. Is this true for Intrinsic Weapons also even though it is not explicitly stated anywhere?

A3: Correct, just like a regularly added weapon. -Ed

Question 4:
Before modifiers, the number of dice to use when rolling on the Damage table is "Strength in the weapon arm."

When the gladiator is using a 2 handed weapon do you a) sum the Strength in both arms, b) use the highest strength, c) use primary arm even if it is lower than the other due to wounds?

A4: Use the primary arm (strength); the bonus for a two-handed weapon is in the weapon stat itself. -Ed
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carmen Cerra
United States
Ames
IA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw that Ed posted an answer to your fourth question:
"Use the primary arm (strength); the bonus for a two-handed weapon is in the weapon stat itself."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Cobb
United States
Conway
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.