Popular Tags: [View All]
M S
United States
Lakewood
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I have a question on combining Curses and Diseases in the Thunderstone Advance world.

Yes, all the Curses in ToR, CoB, and RoC are also Diseases, but the Diseases in the Starter set are not Curses.

There are numerous cards in the ToR block that refer to Curses and not Diseases.

Example: Dwarven Ancestor states: "If you defeat this card's Health by 4 or more, each other player gains 1 curse."

So if you mix the new Diseases into your curse stack and the top card is a Disease (not a Curse) when this effect takes place, what should we do? take the disease anyway?

Or, should we have separate Disease and curse piles?

Or maybe only use Disease cards when playing a Starter Set only game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will M. Baker
United States
Silverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
If you want to respect the curse/disease distinction on the card dishing it out, I recommend maintaining two different draw decks.

I find curses to be too easy to dispense with, so I'd opt for the extra challenge of mixing the two together and getting what you get (which still wouldn't be as tough as playing with the Special Diseases deck).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Smith
United Kingdom
Cleveland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah from what I've read in the compatibility guide it suggests curses replace all diseases, but if you want to you can still use diseases. I use both curse and disease decks separate so the mechanics of a creature remain the same as originally intended. Some creatures are diseased others curse you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Morgan
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The easiest solution is to just say that Curse and Disease are synonomous.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Walter
United States
Temecula
California
flag msg tools
We just decided to make them synonymous. We shuffled together the curses and special diseases and just pull from that stack any time someone gets a disease or a curse. No problems so far from doing it that way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.