GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,248 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
17 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
13 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Board Game Design » Board Game Design

Subject: Need Playtesters for my new game. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Will Creel
msg tools
designer
Hello all I finally have the rules and cards ready for the play test stage of “Mech Arena” and I am looking for some good people to knock my game around and put it through its paces.

I am organizing through this site and facebook. If you are interested please email me at playtest@gladiator-games.net and I will invite you to the facebook group and send you the files. Below is a little snip bit from the rule book giving a brief synopsis of the game.

In this game for 2-4 players, each player is a CEO of a Megacorporation and competes with other CEO’s to draft the best Pilots and chose the best Mechs to field in battle. After your Mech is ready you take on the role of the pilot and battle with other pilots depleting their deck through damage and energy loss. You win Mech Arena when you have no opponents left to fight and you lose if your Mech can not go the distance and you run out of cards.

Thank you all for your time!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Laird
United States
Kankakee
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
e-mail sent

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Creel
msg tools
designer
I have been sending out invites to all of you that have E-mailed me. If you for some reason have not got an invite me please send me another E-mail and I will invite you again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Facebook = up to 25% of your potential playtesters and interested parties are locked out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Creel
msg tools
designer
That may be true, but I will be posting on multiple forums and sites and after some thought. I decided on facebook as the most neutral location to give the most people the chance to see the files. My thought was that it is as easy to start a face book account as it is to start an account on any forum site and it allows me to approach people who may not be as aware of the hobby. I can E-mail the files to people direct and will post on forums the files but I am trying to get a localized hub starting first.

Thanks for the input John.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Creel
msg tools
designer
Looks like John was right. Quite a few people have asked to run this from the board game geek site so I will be doing that also. Thanks for the tip John.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Creel
msg tools
designer
Looking for more playtesters send me an E-mail if you want to try it out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hakyoku seiken
msg tools
How many players and how much stuff do I need to print out? This will determine whether I can test or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Creel
msg tools
designer
The game plays 2-4 and it consists of 236 cards (27 pages), a 12 page rule book and a game board 18” x 18”. The board is a circular grid and can be reduced to fit a regular sheet of paper and played on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hakyoku seiken
msg tools
Yeah, that's a bit out of the scope I can test for. My apologies. Good luck with your game, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Creel
msg tools
designer
No problem thank you for your interest. Part of the game is Mech construction which is what leads to so many cards. I’ll look into making two preconstructed decks so people can duel with less printing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Creel
msg tools
designer
Ok I have created Duel Decks a total of 10 sheets for two decks a Tank and a Melee build. If you and print the game board on a regular sheet of paper it will only be 11 pages total to test the game. So send me an Email if you want to try out the Duel Decks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Creel
msg tools
designer
For those of you with file size restrictions on your Email the files are a little over 2MB. I believe most E-mail services can handle that so it should not be a problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.