Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sebastian Blanco
United States
Shelbyville
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We've been discussing this in another thread, but I wanted to start a new one to announce that some players will be getting together to play Anachronism at GenCon 2013. It seems like a good place to do it because

a.) those of us who like to play will converge on the biggest game con in the US.
b.) If we happen to attract new players, they can go buy the 16-warrior boxes from most of the sets in the dealer hall for $15. That's way cheaper than most full games.
c.) it's a perfect short game to play between longer events.

We don't have a time set as of right now, but that can be decided as we get closer to the convention. If you're interested in playing, subscribe to this thread and we'll see you in Indianapolis!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will play for sure. But I don't know my schedule in the room where I will be working so not sure when I will be available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Pow
United States
Westminster
Maryland
flag msg tools
How about now?
badge
Looking for my next game
mbmbmbmbmb
Man, wish I could make it. Would love to play Anachronism (or see it played again ).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We could probably take some phone photos. I will likely bring a 5 warrior setup so I can play best-of-5 if someone want to do that.

Am I to assume we are only using cards officially released and printed by Tri King?

If anyone needs some promos I could look and see if I have any. I was Mercenary 001 and ran quite a few tournaments. I even did demos for TriKing at 2 GenCons and 1 Origins.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
8-Bit Bastard
United States
Salinas
California
flag msg tools
badge
“That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm so jealous right now. I really want to play with some anachronism players. Have fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe F
United States
Waterford
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great to see people playing some Anachronism again!

I was just thinking about blowing the dust off of my cards and teaching my kids to play.

Hope the GenCon meetup goes good!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good luck with the kids. Let me know their ages and how it goes. I have grandkids and am unsure when to try it out on them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Higdon
United States
madison
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll do my best to get some games in. I'm not sure if I'll be very competitive, but I'll give it my best shot. If anybody has some good deck ideas shoot them my way, I'd love to try them out.

Rick, if you have any Promos you can spare please bring them along. I was not part of the tournament scene, so I have exactly ZERO promo cards. I'd love to get a few.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rkhigdon wrote:
I'll do my best to get some games in. I'm not sure if I'll be very competitive, but I'll give it my best shot. If anybody has some good deck ideas shoot them my way, I'd love to try them out.

Rick, if you have any Promos you can spare please bring them along. I was not part of the tournament scene, so I have exactly ZERO promo cards. I'd love to get a few.

I will try to remember to do that. Doesn't hurt to try and score points with the moderator of a forum where I am not allowed to post due to previous transgressions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walker Schlundt
United States
Gainesville
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is too cool! I'll be going to GenCon for the first time this year. Got my flight and my ticket lined up, just looking for a room now.

I'll bring some cards too, I haven't got to play since DragonCon the first year it came out, but if I can, I'll hunt up my old nice latex playing mat.

Looking forward to playing a round or two!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
carapippino carapippino
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
i hope you will be able to organize something, this game really deserves it.

if u want to get to the tournament not completely rusty, i created the plugin for the lackey to play anachronism online and free

www.lackeyccg.com

download the program, launch it, go under preferences, at the moment the program is getting new improvements, so right now the only way to download the plugin is paste the url from which download the game in the line between "paste autoupdate url" and "install or update from url":

http://www.drivehq.com/file/df.aspx/publish/carapippino/anac...

after that, close and reopen the lackey, go again inder preferences, be sure to have anachronism plugin loaded (if it isn't, click on "browse installed plugins to load one") and after that click on download all missing card images"

eventual future updates will be downloaded automatically

the program gives only an interface to let players communicate, the commands, although easy to understand, are all manuals

if you have questions, don't be afraid to pm or email me
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Blanco
United States
Shelbyville
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
carapippino wrote:
if u want to get to the tournament not completely rusty, i created the plugin for the lackey to play anachronism online and free

As cool as that is, I just want to say that I wasn't planning on organizing a tournament. This is just a chance to get together and play some Anachronism, for fun. Now, if we got 10 people who were guaranteed saying there were coming and all wanted to play more competitively, then we can talk about something more serious, but I was envisioning deciding on a time (Thursday evening, Saturday afternoon, Friday midnight, whenever) and all saying we would meed up at X place then to pit some warriors against each other. I know I'll be excited to show off one of my favorite old decks and looking forward to seeing what other people like to play, too.

Also, to respond to someone from above, I'd say that the set 8-9 cards are fine to play, since they were created by TriKing. And, if you've got some of the fan-made cards, then I don't have a problem with them, either. I have no idea how strong they are, so maybe bring a few set 1-7 warrior stacks along as well, in case your opponent just wants to play against "real" cards.

Just my two cents. I'm certainly open to other opinions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I too am looking for casual play rather than tournaments. I don't think any of my currently constructed promos packs go beyond set 7 but I will need to check.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
carapippino carapippino
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
ok i misunderstood, i said tournaments but the things i said before are worth whatever concerns all the world of anachronism; i mean, there is a powerful tool to play anachronism online, it's free, for people who don't have the chance to play real or want to play anyway with friends.

the scope is to advertise who don't know the existance of an additional material regarding anachronism, in the optic to awake possibly the most people and take the game back where it competes

if we want, this might be completely disregarded from the gencon; the point is: is there someone who would like to play anachronism again against other people, although they don't have all the cards / all the cards needed for a deck / stable? there is lackey.

i'd like to see 8-10 people enter in a continuative way at least once a week and play with other players all around the world

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walker Schlundt
United States
Gainesville
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm up for casual pay at GenCon. I don't have every set...something I should probably look into. You say some of the dealers have the box sets still at GenCon? I never got lucky enough to get promos.

I'll look into Lackey as well...could be fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walker Schlundt
United States
Gainesville
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So did we want to pick a day and a time to play?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't yet because I don't have my sked but don't let that hold anybody else up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Blanco
United States
Shelbyville
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I suggest Thursday at 5:30 pm or Thursday at 10 pm or Saturday any time after 6.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Syvertsen
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
Happy Halloween!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
That's funny I just took Anachronism out yesterday for my wife and I to play a few rounds. Have fun at GenCon, everyone!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Rathman
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmb
That's funny, I randomly took my Anachronism stuff out the other day, too. I'll be at GenCon all 4 days, though Thursday and Friday are pretty busy for me. Otherwise, it would be awesome to play some Anachronism. I have almost everything, and would be willing to trade duplicates for stuff I don't.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Blanco
United States
Shelbyville
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I can now do Thursday at 6 (or something like 11 pm) or Saturday morning or Sunday morning. Anyone else? If you're interested in just trying to find a time during the con, geekmail me your phone # and I'll send you mine and we can text when we have some free time, see if it ever works out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My only available time to play would be Saturday after 6.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Blanco
United States
Shelbyville
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, Saturday at 6 will work. I have an event at 8, but the beauty of Anachronism is that it's a fast game. Let's meet up at 6:30 somewhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
carapippino carapippino
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
so, how did the con go?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My sked did not mesh with anybody else's and once I was at GenCon I didn't check BGG until I got home on Sunday. So my cards made the trip but just played a couple of games against friends I showed the game to. I was disappointed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   |