Steve Malczak
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

Just got the game and I'm playing my first solo test of it. So far, so good. There is a heck of a lot to think about for a game with such simple mechanics!

I have a question about the US Production. Can you build Aircraft with the US? If so, where do they go? Do they go on the sea zone and then move from there? If so, then can other nations build Aircraft 'at sea' as well and count them as being in the starting coastal zone next to the production center?

If the US cant build Aircraft, then basically they are limited to warships and troop/transport combos, yes?

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Benisch
Sweden
Stockholm
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Talenn wrote:
Hi all,

Just got the game and I'm playing my first solo test of it. So far, so good. There is a heck of a lot to think about for a game with such simple mechanics!

I have a question about the US Production. Can you build Aircraft with the US? If so, where do they go? Do they go on the sea zone and then move from there? If so, then can other nations build Aircraft 'at sea' as well and count them as being in the starting coastal zone next to the production center?

If the US cant build Aircraft, then basically they are limited to warships and troop/transport combos, yes?

Thanks in advance!

Good questions. Do you have any other good questions that might be easier to answer?

The US production is a bit special since you don't have a real production center and don't need to have a unit standing i the area in order to produce units. On page 3 in the rulebook, section 5.2 you have a few lines describing the limits of the US production.

It says:
Quote:
Units are placed i the designated sea zone. Notice that ground forces can't be placed in sea zones, they have to be placed on transports.

Since aircraft isn't a ground force it can be placed on the sea zone when produced in the US and it is be able to move to England and land there. Remember that the plane will be engaged in combad if it enters a sea zone controlled by a german fleet.

On page 3 , section 5, right before section 5.1 the rules state that naval units can only be produced in production centers with a coastal access and are placed in the sea zone (as long as it isn't controlled by the enemy). Since planes aren't naval units they can't be placed on the sea zone during your production phase.

Cheers,
Karl
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.