Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: The Legend of Zelda fan - full heart containerMicrobadge: The Legend of Zelda fan - full heart containerMicrobadge: The Legend of Zelda fan - full heart containerMicrobadge: The Legend of Zelda fan - half-full heart containerMicrobadge: Rush fan
Am I correct in assuming that this only applies to the recruits belonging to the dark god? Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
Microbadge: Fantasy fanMicrobadge: Science Fiction fanMicrobadge: WriterMicrobadge: Commodore 64 fanMicrobadge: Eurogamer
Just my opinion, but nothing in the rules implies that. I know that you gain wizardry tiles by fighting a battle for the dark side, but battles are completely independent from the Ragnarok. You may place wizardry and weapon tiles under any god you support. I think it would be very boring if you could only use wizardry tiles with dark gods and weapon tiles with light gods.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David S
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Currently listening to: "Age of Capricorn" by Arkona
Microbadge: Tales From the Loop RPG fanMicrobadge: World of Darkness RPG fanMicrobadge: Black Metal fanMicrobadge: I love Sweden!Microbadge: I don't watch TV
GSReis wrote:
Just my opinion, but nothing in the rules implies that. I know that you gain wizardry tiles by fighting a battle for the dark side, but battles are completely independent from the Ragnarok. You may place wizardry and weapon tiles under any god you support. I think it would be very boring if you could only use wizardry tiles with dark gods and weapon tiles with light gods.
I agree with Glaucio. Look on the last page (Pg 12) of the rulebook, in the upper right section of the page. The example shows the Red player playing a Weapon Tile under Odin and the Purple player playing a Wizardry Tile under Odin. That, in and of itself, shows that either Tile may be played under a god, regardless of whether they're Light or Dark.

EDIT: Additionally, under the rules section (just to the left of the aforementioned example), the rules state: "In turn order, each player places one Weapon or Wizardry Tile (to be taken from their own supply) face-down under a God Tile of his choice, provided that he has a Disc below that God Tile." It doesn't specify that it needs to be under a Light or Dark god.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: The Legend of Zelda fan - full heart containerMicrobadge: The Legend of Zelda fan - full heart containerMicrobadge: The Legend of Zelda fan - full heart containerMicrobadge: The Legend of Zelda fan - half-full heart containerMicrobadge: Rush fan
Sorry, poorly worded question. Yes, when I wrote that I was also thinking that weapons were for light, wizards for dark, but the crux of my question is actually whether that specific tile affects just the recruits on the side where the tile was played, or whether it affects both sides. I.e. whether it's only useful when that side has more recruits than the other.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
Microbadge: Fantasy fanMicrobadge: Science Fiction fanMicrobadge: WriterMicrobadge: Commodore 64 fanMicrobadge: Eurogamer
All other wizardry tiles (and weapon tiles, obviously) only benefit the side where they are played. Why would this one be different?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
To make it so that it's only useful when played on the side with more recruit strength. But yeah, I assumed it only applied to the side on which it was played, but just wanted to make sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls