Kevin Eastwood
United States
Windham
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Chaos is a ladder
Microbadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level III - Are we geeks because we gaze at the stars, or do we gaze at them because we are geeks?Microbadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level IV - The journey of a thousand crits begins with a single roll...Microbadge: 1 Player Guild - Together We Game AloneMicrobadge: Devoted FatherMicrobadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level V - My God! It's Full of Stars!
I'm relatively new to Power Grid and was wondering which of the expansion maps would be a good choice to start with to expand the base game? I was looking at Brazil/Spain, but wanted to get the opinions of those expert Power Grid players on BGG. What's your recommendation?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Brosius
United States
Needham Heights
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
My favorite 18xx game for six players is two games of 1846 with three players each.
mbmbmbmbmb
I like Power Grid: Benelux/Central Europe. The Benelux map in particular plays faster than most maps, and Central Europe is interesting but not too different.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This thread gives a pretty good comparison of each expansion. I found it very helpful...

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/11226372#11226372
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Larsen
United States
Salt Lake City
UT
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 Power Grid: Benelux/Central Europe - Benelux is widely considered the best map for teaching the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls