Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Bender
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules clearly state that one can only pivot before traveling, unless a card specifically permits it. However, I don't see any card in the deck that allows one to do this. The closest I can find is "Side Step" which doesn't appear to allow a change of facing but rather a "lane change" while maintaining the current facing. Am I missing something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Imboden
United States
Evanston
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Side Step" is the one card currently in print which allows for mid-flight changes. We had another card in playtests that allowed a pilot to treat each velocity die as its own movement (i.e. V3 would act as 3 back-to-back V1s, each with its own pivot opportunity) at the cost of not being allowed to sacrifice cards for additional movement points.

We took that specific card out for being a touch too powerful, but we left the overall rule in place for if/when we release future cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Bender
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ooo, that would be a fun card. But I can see how it might be a little bit too powerful. What about a card that simply allows one to take your pivot during or after you move? If that would still be too powerful you could put only 2 or maybe 3 in the deck and pair it with a high number value.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls