GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,374 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
23 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Mice and Mystics» Forums » General

Subject: Non-combat missions? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Franklin
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
Are most of the adventures in the game combat-based? The one I played was all about getting into position to attack various creatures (it had a kitchen counter, a worm, and finally a rush to a tree). Are other adventures more D&D 3.5 and less D&D 4?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradford Lounsberry
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
grandslam wrote:
Are most of the adventures in the game combat-based? The one I played was all about getting into position to attack various creatures (it had a kitchen counter, a worm, and finally a rush to a tree). Are other adventures more D&D 3.5 and less D&D 4?

I don't know about the D&D comparison, but each tile offers a combat scenario. There is a good amount of variety with special tiles and circumstances, but this is still a combat focused game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The starter chapter is a sort of game tutorial. It shows you many of the aspects of the game in one go.

Expect to do at least one battle per chapter.

Wether this will change later is anyones guess.

It is not an RPG. So comparisons to D&D arent too usefull aside from 4th ed which seemed to be a minis game more than an RPG.

I'd suggest reading the rules and the starter chapter that Plaid Hat provides on their website and get a baser idea from that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Marley
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are at least three places I can think of, off hand, where you can use non combat related methods for completing a task. There might be more.

In general most rooms involve a combat, but there a couple of places where the game offers a neat method for avoiding combat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.