The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: When can I activate Action ability? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cadrick Loh
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
From the rulebook it says follow the Player Action Window printed at the last few page.

Does that means I only can activate ACTION ability during Player Action or I can activate ACTION as long as there is a green window there?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Sharpe
United Kingdom
Luton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe you can activate a player action
- anytime during the green windows
- anytime there is an explicit Player Actions step (before/after red windows).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cadrick Loh
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If that's the case then I can activate any ACTION ability during combat (both defense and attack)?
Since they are in green windows.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Sharpe
United Kingdom
Luton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes.

You can't interrupt individual events (for instance, if your character takes 4 damage, you may not assign 2 damage, then take an action to heal the character, then take the final 2 damage).

But you can play actions in between each individual step in combat (so you can resolve the shadow card from an enemy attack, then heal your character using an action, then assign the damage from the attack).

There's a precise list of player action timings in this file, which you might find helpful: http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/66224/timing-sequence-for-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agus Prajogo
Indonesia
Malang
East Java
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yes I believe you can.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cadrick Loh
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
teleogryl wrote:
Yes.

You can't interrupt individual events (for instance, if your character takes 4 damage, you may not assign 2 damage, then take an action to heal the character, then take the final 2 damage).

But you can play actions in between each individual step in combat (so you can resolve the shadow card from an enemy attack, then heal your character using an action, then assign the damage from the attack).

There's a precise list of player action timings in this file, which you might find helpful: http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/66224/timing-sequence-for-...

This is great! Thanks for sharing

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.