Subject: Scoring App??? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeremy Wilhm
United States
EDMOND
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
TokenCon: Oklahoma's First Board Game Convention!
badge
Living my best life
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder what the chances of someone much more tech savvy than me are of creating a scoring app for Airlines Europe? I'm picturing one part of the app would be tracking the score/value of each airline as it progresses through the game, then when you get to a scoring event, you hit a button labeled 1st scoring and enter the number of stocks that each player has in play.

Since scoring is not public knowledge the app could just not reveal the final point totals until after the third scoring, but it would also be cool to have an open scoring option for those who prefer open scoring.

As a final kicker, it would be great if you could also save game data and player names, similar to what the 7 Wonders companion app does. If any one could take on this project, I'd be willing to throw in some geek gold.

Thanks!
Jeremy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Train gamer, Euro gamer and War gamer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree this would be nice indeed. Unfortunately I'm not an app developer either. There are two scoring apps for iOS that I use:

Score by Ryan Christianson. This app allows for users to build there own modules for games not already in the app. While I've done this for several games, to have the features you suggest for AE is also way above me, if it's even possible within this app.

Boardgame Scorer by Forrest Wang. This app also allows users to add games, but only with a simple points calculator. I've added Airlines Europe to this for myself, but it's very simple. Nothing like what you suggest. Just a calculator really. I'd try contacting Forrest to see if it's feasible to do an app for AE.

Forrest Wang
China
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob (he/him)
United States
Lutz
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It wouldn't be too hard to do. But, I never understood why scores where "hidden". It is public info... you see how much each person scores each scoring round.

I'll add it to my list of possible apps to write.

BOb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Ellingsworth

Delaware
msg tools
I know this post is old af but I thought I would show you guys this: http://www.artscow.com/Create/AjaxDesign.aspx?DesignId=21203...

I designed it to ditch the chits because they are way too time consuming.

The only thing missing is a place for the given points for first/second/third player etc. turn order. I never found those points to be a deciding factor in who wins anyway. You could just write it on the back or next to your name if you found it necessary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls