Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Gische
United States
San Carlos
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alec, Dan, and I sat down to a game of Age of Steam. Since we had 3 players, I brought out the Ireland map, which is designed for 3. I've played this map a handful of times now, and I have come to the conclusion that I am not sure wtf I am doing. I think I may be overvaluing the sea routes in the early going. Some of this, I am sure, is groupthink. I started my runs in the middle of the eastern coast, Alec grabbed the northeast, and Dan grabbed a sweet spot in the middle of the island that had cubes set up for the first few rounds of shipping. I fell behind rather early, while Dan took a commanding lead. Dan eventually snuck into my region and grabbed the last sea route to England, which set him up for some nice long runs in the endgame. Meanwhile, Alec slowly built up the northern part of the board, connecting to additional cubes every turn, and creating a nice loop that allowed him to ship very inefficiently (whis is, of course, a good thing in this game.) I managed to grab the southern route to England, which hooked me up to eventually ship many of the yellow cubes on the board. That at least gave me a glimmer of hope in the game, although my long-term prospects still looked bleak since I had needed to raise far more funds than the other two players did. In the end, Alec came out ahead, squeaking to a few point win over Dan. As expected, I finished a distant third.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.