GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,352 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
17 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
23 Posts

Legendary: Dark City» Forums » General

Subject: So what is next for Legendary? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Holden Attradies
msg tools
I couldn't find it any where (but my google-foo is lacking), what are the future release plans now that dark city is out? do future sets, big and small, have release dates and titles announced?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Donley
United States
New Philadelphia
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The next release is the Fantastic Four in October. It will be a small set of 100 cards. Upper Deck has said that there will be 2 small expansions and 1 big expansion (like Dark City) every year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Cooley
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yup 100 card Fantastic Four in October... 100 card set in February... and a 350 card set next June
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarrod Babel
United States
Terre Haute
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
October-FF 100 cards (5 heroes FF and silver silver, 2 MM (Galactus for sure), 2 villains (either 2 villains or 1 villain 1 henchmen, 1 villain will be heralds of galactus) and scheme twists to finish off the 100 cards (so 4 if 2 villain or 2 if villain/henchmen))-these are my guesses but I feel they are a pretty good one

Novemeber- legendary compatible non Marvel set (unknown size, most believe 300-350 cards)-my bet is GI Joe, maybe transformers. but I think GI Joe is much closer thematically.

March-next marvel xpac (unknown theme but should be avenger based since none in dark city or FF).I had heard 350 cards from UD at origins but could be wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Knobbly Savage
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jarrod gave a good overview, the only thing I remember differently from UD's announced plans is that in February there will be another small expansion (90-110 cards) and then in the summer we'll get another 350-card expansion (there has been some speculation that either the February or the next big expansion will include the Guardians of the Galaxy - Marvel's cosmic characters are still very much underrepresented, and with the Guardians movie coming out in 2014, it would definitely make sense...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan M.

Tucson
Arizona
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jbabel wrote:
Novemeber- legendary compatible non Marvel set (unknown size, most believe 300-350 cards)-my bet is GI Joe, maybe transformers. but I think GI Joe is much closer thematically.

Oh man G.I.Joe would be amazing, I would be way happy with that. And with the number of Joes and villians it makes sense, they have enough content. I heard ninja turtles and I was like yea that could be fun but there just isn't alot to expand hero wise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Gordon
United States
Meridian
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
darthtwztyd wrote:
I heard ninja turtles and I was like yea that could be fun but there just isn't alot to expand hero wise.

I'm personally hoping for TMNT, based off of the 1987 cartoon. While I agree it is a bit limited for heroes, I can think of 13 as of right now. I'm not sure how expansive this new license will be, but if it's just a single release that number would be fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Shinners
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
kevster wrote:
darthtwztyd wrote:
I heard ninja turtles and I was like yea that could be fun but there just isn't alot to expand hero wise.

I'm personally hoping for TMNT, based off of the 1987 cartoon. While I agree it is a bit limited for heroes, I can think of 13 as of right now. I'm not sure how expansive this new license will be, but if it's just a single release that number would be fine.

Ugh, you ever go back and watch those? I loved them growing up, but they're almost unwatchable now. Give me the comic version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyson Cram
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmb
And here I was hoping that the rumored "green" set would be Plants vs. Zombies. If it isn't, I think I'm going to have to make it myself.

(And if it is PVZ, the term for "KO" had better be "mulch".)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Dobbs
msg tools
mbmbmb
There are soooo many heroes that are available to include, I would not want any future non-marvel heroes. GI Joe and TMNT just sound downright awful.
Future Packs I would love to see:
The Galaxy Set (which I would hope include Beta Ray Bill)
FF (forthcoming)
Defenders
Alpha Flight
Excalibur
More Avengers! If anyone even mentions Great Lakes, may you stub your big toe on a piece of wood.

Have a lovely day all!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spider Li
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TMNT is a possibility due to the "Green" clue that was given out, the up coming Michael Bay movie that is in production and popularity with the cartoon. (Also a video game that is coming soon)

Sadly it is more likely to be base on the current tv show than the 90's very we all LOVE

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niccolo Machiavelli
United States
I am where I need to be when I need to be.
flag msg tools
“A prince must imitate the fox and the lion, for the lion cannot protect himself from traps, and the fox cannot defend himself from wolves. One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves."
badge
A life, some would argue, is a series of problems. There’s no denying the truth in that – but why get lost in it? Why not rise above the truth… and lead a good life? Shouldn’t we all look at problems as a chance for us to find… solutions?
mbmbmbmbmb
Spiderman needs some love as well. He's still on a team that has no additional members. We need some spider-friends. Black Cat, Morbius, or maybe just a Marvel Knights spiderman version.

I'd also love to see Luke Cage, Hank Pym, Vision, Nova, Darkhawk, War-Machine, Havok, Multible Man, and of course Doctor Strange.

I could also see Annihilus as a mastermind in the FF set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Gordon
United States
Meridian
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MattShinners wrote:
kevster wrote:

Ugh, you ever go back and watch those? I loved them growing up, but they're almost unwatchable now. Give me the comic version.

I still have a few of the old VHS episodes lying around. I remember watching them a couple of years ago. Still loved them!

stanmakiewicz wrote:
There are soooo many heroes that are available to include, I would not want any future non-marvel heroes. GI Joe and TMNT just sound downright awful.

Well, there ARE going to be non-Marvel heroes; that's already been stated. I seriously doubt it will interfere with the release schedule of Marvel expansions, though. And whether it will be GI Joe, TMNT, or something else entirely, no one knows. The only clue given so far is "green."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Holden Attradies
msg tools
I hope there is a Guardians of the Galaxy combined with Inhumans big box set. I've been reading a bunch of the series about them from the last 5 years and they have been incredibly good and offer up so many great heroes and villains.

In general there are still so so so so many heroes/villains to make cards for, plus all the possibilities for repeat heroes on different teams.

The game definitely feels like it could use a slightly more aggressive release schedule. I was hoping for more of the little sets between now and the next big one...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Barnes
United States
Clinton
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick Reply:

I could have sworn that there was some reference a few months ago that heavily hinted at Shrek being the non-Marvel set.
Thought I saw an image at one point that had a sliver of the logo showing and it being the Shrek style font.
My memory is hazy, ymmv.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Drickman
United States
Ukiah
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Both Shrek and GI Joe would be of no interest to me. TMNT might be ok and Transformers would be cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Knobbly Savage
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the Dice Tower video from GAMA, in which it was revealed that there would be a non-marvel set, they had the Logo in green and said that the color was a hint, which is where the Shrek-idea came from. However, Brenzor said it's not going to be Shrek... I think in the BGG TV-video from ACD Games Day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryon Hake
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Marvel-wise, I want more Avengers (Wasp, Ant-Man), Guardians of the Galaxy, and Spider-friends. I have no interest in the Defenders.

For non-Marvel, I'd purchase multiple copies of a GI Joe version and gift it to all my brothers, cousins, and nephews!

But I'm guessing it is going to be Turtles, which I won't buy at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan D
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
The "Green" expansion has been revealed as Aliens: Encounters. Yes, it's based off the Aliens movie franchise, and while it's not meant to be played "WITH" Marvel Legendary, the characters can make cameo appearances in each others game. Here's the video for confirmation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_SxG2k2gGk&feature=share&lis...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Abcede
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Aliens is going to be the first non Marvel property. Saw the promotional poster the other day at FanExpo in Toronto during the 1st Canadian Tournament. I am excited for that but not as excited as I would be for other licenses like Star Wars, TMNT and Transformers.

TMNT/Tformers work perfectly with the city landscape.

Star Wars would probably be an amazing world to explore. It is so easy to use that universe for a game like this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Pecorelli
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Genogoth wrote:
The "Green" expansion has been revealed as Aliens: Encounters. Yes, it's based off the Aliens movie franchise, and while it's not meant to be played "WITH" Marvel Legendary, the characters can make cameo appearances in each others game. Here's the video for confirmation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_SxG2k2gGk&feature=share&lis...

I'm not sure if I'll get into the Aliens version of Legendary, but I was really excited to see some art for FF and to hear that there will be a Spiderman expansion in mid-February. Also, he said that they expect to make a "family" of Legendary games so the future is bright!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ashley Martin
United States
Pensacola
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
other legendary games that are not designed to be mixed with the original game will ruin the legendary ip.i think its funny how he said they didn't want to be lazy and just add it to legendary when basically thats exactly what happened. they made a game similar to legendary (instead of making a new game )and slapped the legendary title on it then decided to make it slightly different, or different enough to make it no 100% compatible.

you would think they would learn from the Horrible mistakes of doing that exact thing with heroclix.they made a separate aliens set, and horror clix and halo clix. which all did very poorly since each set pulled from the original pool of heroclix players. Eventually no one buys those because you cant mix them with heroclix. as a heroclix player/consumer its basically asking where I want to focus my money and attention. and its always going to be heroclix in this regard since the only reason the horrorclix (or any other) were interesting to me was because I already play heroclix. Wizkids is learning from this mistake and are now making sure that anything they come out with includes a clix base that is 100% compatiable with their main IP. And they realized that the Clix pplayers don't care if the mixing of themes happens. I mean they have a lone ranger set, a pacific rim set, an iron maiden set, and a lord of the ring set. and the players buy what they want out of each and there is no problem on the table with them being combined.

sad really I was excited about aliens getting added to the mix. It opened up great new possibilities. id love to see a gi joe set and a Godzilla set and horror monster set all 100% pompatiable with the marvel set. How great would it be to watch the xmen fight Godzilla. or Professor X and the avengers face off against Jason vorhees or freddy kruger. and if each set enhanced the game as much as Dark city (and hopefully the FF and spiderman sets) then id buy everyone. but now it feels like a half assed game which is just like a game I already own and would get little play especially since I own legendary already and would most likely play that. So when I eventually ask my self the question Should I buy this? Ill likely pass saying to myself " I already have legendary ill just wait till the next official expansion to that comes out". Way to come out strong and then fumble Upper Deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brook Gentlestream
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

No Batman?

I always thought the Spider-foes would make good Batman villains.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.