Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Play Games - Interact - Have Fun!
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to see how well I'm doin with my overall picture approval rating compared to the total number I've reviewed. I know I can go back and count how many times my vote was different from the consensus, but it would be great to see what my overall % is.

It seems like this would be an easy add to our History page, but then I could be totally wrong as I'm not a programming guru like Aldie.

What do ya think?

Maybe even post the top 50 users with the highest % of agreement with BGG for approval of images. You could require a minimum of 50 pictures rated and call them the "Top GeekMods" or "Best Photo Reviewers" or something. Top 10 each month (only the last month counts) get 10 Geekgold bonus. If you skip any image, you can't get the bonus.

Ok, so I have too much time on my hands. shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Rosen
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All sound like good and interesting ideas

No comment on the amount of free time on your hands.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesper A
Denmark
Frederikshavn
na
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It could easily turn into a game to follow the mob, rather than forming your own opinion.

By then GeekMod will have lost it's value.

It would be interesting to know my score though

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Play Games - Interact - Have Fun!
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure I get what you mean. It already is that way. If you don't vote with the group consensus now, you *can* lose the ability to participate. The present goal is to be a fair judge and since that's what the majority of people do, the ones that do it best will have the highest percentage.

I just wanna see how I'm doing in an easier way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Burke Glover
United States
Unspecified
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
Zounds! Looks like Aldie's playing with some sort of stat feature even as I write this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Burke Glover
United States
Unspecified
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
I'm currently at 86%. Not bad, but it would be higher if people stopped approving counter scans.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesper A
Denmark
Frederikshavn
na
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
manowarplayer wrote:
I'm not sure I get what you mean. It already is that way. If you don't vote with the group consensus now, you *can* lose the ability to participate. The present goal is to be a fair judge and since that's what the majority of people do, the ones that do it best will have the highest percentage.

I just wanna see how I'm doing in an easier way.

That's fine

Maybe i don't agree with the majority every time. If i adjust my opinion to suit the majority I have lost.

Take counter scans.... they shoul be rejected (one of the admins hinted at that)so that's what I do. But lately i have approved a couple.... why not? it's easier, i get 0.1gg and it gets approved anyway....... everybody wins - except my integrity.

But it's probably not a big deal

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Devon Sheppard
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
badge
Fooorish Samurai!
mbmbmbmbmb
I just noticed the Geek Mod history percentage thingy too. Kudos, Aldie.

One thing though: shouldn't there be four categories?

1) My approvals that get approved
2) My approvals that get delined
3) My declines that get declined
4) My declines that get approved

It would make more sense that way, I think. Then you could see where you're "going wrong."

D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Synge
United Kingdom
NEWTON ABBOT
Devon
flag msg tools
badge
Go get 'em, Floyd.
mbmbmbmbmb
.Slinky. wrote:

One thing though: shouldn't there be four categories?

1) My approvals that get approved
2) My approvals that get delined
3) My declines that get declined
4) My declines that get approved

It would make more sense that way, I think. Then you could see where you're "going wrong."

D

I think it does all four. Here's my history just at the moment:

Quote:
Of the images you have moderated:
Your Matches for Approval: 70 out of 82 (85%)
Your Matches for Declined: 21 out of 40 (53%)
Overall Percentage: (75%)

This gives the following:

1) My approvals that get approved 70 (57%)
2) My approvals that get declined 19 (16%) (this is 40 subtract 21)
3) My declines that get declined 21 (17%)
4) My declines that get approved 12 (10%) (this is 82 subtract 70)

As you can see, it could be argued that I am not as discerning (or critical?) as some BGGers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Arnott
United States
Tarzana
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
.Slinky. wrote:

Where? I can't find it. Neither on my profile nor my Geek Mod page.

-Dave

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Eastside, Esq.
United States
Richmond Hts.
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's on the History page under the Geekmod Menu.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Arnott
United States
Tarzana
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. And cool! I use a bookmark to get to the Geek mod page, so, dope that I am, it never occurred to me to check the Utilities Menu.

And wow! I'm actually quite impressed with my fellow modders. I was worried that I was way out on a limb with some of my "declines" - especialy those pix that show people playing the game but not much of the game itself. It's a frickin' database, not a Yahoo Group Photo Album. That the rest of you joined me in nixing those three cute girls with just a hint of game in the photo really heartens me. Today: the girls, tomorrow: the cats!

The silly part is that I approved a few photos that I was kinda against (ones that were somewhat similar to existing photos, but still a bit different) just 'cause they were close enough and I figured everyone else was gonna send 'em through anyway. I'm actually quite pleased to have lost those pennies And will trust my judgement more in the future.

I will say, though, that a handful of pix get approved that really are quite similar - almost exactly so in a few cases - which makes me wonder how often people actually go through the existing pix if there's more than one page of 'em. I know that I sometimes just skip a pic, neither approving nor declining it, 'cause I'm too tired to slog through the others and compare

And how do we retroactively get rid of that Apples to Apples convention photo? (or would you approvers please come out and defend it )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.