Popular Tags: [View All]
Carl Hintze
Sweden
flag msg tools
There are worse burdens...
badge
Cool Cat!
mbmbmbmbmb
Im gonna start this out with a little info about myself.

I am currently 27 years old. I grew up on rpgs, cardgames and boardgames, they where my passion.

But as i grew older my intresst and time into thoose things vained. From the age of 20, magic and deckbuilders was the only games i played still. But after a few years i quit even thoose couse of the lack of time and funds magic requires and the lack of interaction in most deck builders.

By chance i took a trip down to my local gamestore a couple of months ago, and there i saw a coupple of the locals playing something that got my attention... nightfall.

I looked as it would give me "pvp" and draft from magic without the downs of having to spend hundreds of euros to keep me uppdated with the latest sets.
Ive always been very fond of deck builders, but i kinda dislike the solitaire nature of many deckbuilders.
I bought the standard Nightfall set and called up all my old boardgame friends.

Now im sitting here months later with all the sets for nightfall, and my friends sends me texts often asking when the next session is going to take place.

I just wanna say thank you for a great game, a game that brought me into my childhood hobby again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gregg
United States
Franklinville
NC
flag msg tools
designer
NightfallGame.com/FAQ
badge
boardgamegeek.com/thread/1234645
mbmbmbmbmb
Your situation was the same one I found myself in, which is exactly what originally prompted me to make the game in the first place.

You're very welcome, and thank you for the kind words
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Gordon
United States
Meridian
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great story. Thanks for sharing.

I agree that David has created something special in Nightfall. In a market saturated with deck builders he managed to design one that is truly unique.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have always said it is my favorite deck builder.

No other deck builder captures the level of interaction and aggressiveness that I love in this type of game.

I really hope the latest expansion can help expand its fan base to have the game rise up higher and higher in popularity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lord Soth
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to agree with the above posters.

Thank you very much David for a great game. It took the IOS version for me to take the plunge into Nightfall. My gaming groups are usually 3 player and this game is more balanced than MtG.

For the benefit of MtG players in nightfall all players share a wound deck and once it runs out the player with the lowest number of wound cards wins.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gregg
United States
Franklinville
NC
flag msg tools
designer
NightfallGame.com/FAQ
badge