Dominion» Forums » General

Subject: A cheap storage option? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Clive Jones

Cambridgeshire, UK
msg tools
Microbadge: Rubber Ducky
Somewhere in the forums (and I've forgotten where or who) someone suggested using large sleeves / small wallets that contain an entire set of ten cards, then randomising by pulling out wallets.

This strikes me as quite a nice idea. Possibly nice enough that it would be worth someone's time to make a dedicated wallet specifically for the purpose. As a rough design, the front should be a pocket sized to accommodate up to twelve sleeved cards, with notches so it's easy to remove the cards without leaving the sleeves behind. The back would then be a sleeve for the randomiser card, lifted higher to make a visible index tab.

I expect such a thing could be made for under ten cents a go in quantities of ten thousand - significantly cheaper and less hassle than a lot of the storage solutions people have been proposing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Igor Knop
Brazil
Juiz de Fora
Minas Gerais
flag msg tools
designer
badge
No disassemble! VĂ­deos de Partidas Completas Passo a Passo
mbmbmbmbmb
Why not just use zip locks? It is cheap, adds small volume, lightweight. Just does not look professional but is very handy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clive Jones

Cambridgeshire, UK
msg tools
Microbadge: Rubber Ducky
Zip-locks
The zip-locks I use for boardgames tend to wear out disappointingly quickly (and I don't think that's because I chose bad ones). And I really like the idea of lifting the randomiser cards to create a key for easy access. That would make such a system comparable with dedicated slots or index cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tovarich Pizann
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just have a 3 inch ring binder filled with trading card pages. I divide the scoring cards and the treasures up in the first few pages, then alphabetically store the kingdom cards, giving each card it's own pocket (the Rats are split across two). Combined with a smart phone app for randomizing builds its quite effective, but not terribly portable as the binder has gotten very, very heavy with all those cards in it. (The binder has a few zippered compartments for tokens and mats)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Games Are About Glory (Dave Refici)
United States
Penfield
NY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
10 cards fit in each pocket? What is the type of pages you used?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah Jacobs
United States
Grand Haven
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It sounds as if Rich and I have adopted the same storage solution for the Dominion cards.

I use standard trading card sleeves, 9 card compartments to a sheet, for my cards. I find that I can fit 10 cards in a compartment with no problem. The tokes and such can be stored in a zippered pencil case that attaches to the rings as well.

I found that this was the easiest and most cost effective solution for card storage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls