Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patha
United States
Bay area
California
flag msg tools
mb
by Thinkfun listed at BGG?? Couldn't find it under "Rush Hour" as that appears to be something else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon Jansen
United States
Spokane Valley
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I could be wrong, but I believe it's because those two are more puzzle than game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristof Tersago
Belgium
Sint Truiden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I posted them once as new games (just like 'Lunar lockout' and other binary arts games) but they weren't accepted because they were abstract, solitaire games.

Beats me why 'Simon' is the database?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Winsor
United States
Santa Clara
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Simon can be played competitively. (Edit - I guess even puzzles can be played competitively, but Simon has specific two player modes.)

What's more strange is that their prarie dog stacking puzzle http://boardgamegeek.com/game/20454 made it in. Also, there was some new puzzle that resembled Rush Hour about tipping crates over that I saw but I can't remember the name.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alfred
Netherlands
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
mb
I may be totally bonkers, but I seem to remember both Rush Hour and River Crossing being in the BGG database. Were they removed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hammock Backpacker
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Hot Coffee...Mmmmmm
badge
Go Take A HIke!
mbmbmbmbmb
I submitted my son's Railroad Rush Hour a couple of weeks ago and it was rejected because it was considered a one-person logic puzzle.

What's Sudoku then?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Keane
United States
Lubbock
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pathagobi wrote:
by Thinkfun listed at BGG?? Couldn't find it under "Rush Hour" as that appears to be something else.

I've asked this question before. Here's the answer I recieved: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/86931

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Oliver
United States
Alameda
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Der Das wrote:
I may be totally bonkers, but I seem to remember both Rush Hour and River Crossing being in the BGG database. Were they removed?

River Crossing used to be here (not sure about Rush Hour). I remember because I had looked it up after my daughter received it as a gift.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A L D A R O N
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
A L D A R O N
badge
----[---->+<]>++.+++++++++++.--------.---.>-[--->+<]>---.---.-.
mb
steveoliverc wrote:
Der Das wrote:

River Crossing used to be here (not sure about Rush Hour). I remember because I had looked it up after my daughter received it as a gift.

Same thing happened to Tipover.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Smiles
United States
Dedham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
admin
The ratio of people to cake is too big.
badge
Excuse me, I believe you have my stapler...
mbmbmbmbmb
Sudoku the solitaire puzzle is not listed as a game in the database. With the popularity of the puzzle, a number of multiplayer games based on Sudoku have been released. These you will find in the database.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Janet Linsey
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone know how to contact Thinkfun for parts? Their packaging only lists the web site (www.thinkfun.com) and the web site has no contact info. My son recently got River Crossing for his birthday. I was playing it and our couch ate one of the little planks. (Duh, I guess this game really shouldn't be played on the couch.) I literally turned the couch upside down trying to find it but haven't. I even tried emailing customerservice@thinkfun.com and the email was not returned, yet I haven't gotten a reply either. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Janet Linsey
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nevermind...I found the address on their web site.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Cooper
United States
Lewisville
Texas
flag msg tools
Ask me how I got this badge early!
badge
Dexterity Games Guy for BGG.Con / GeekCoin # 318030
mbmbmbmbmb
Aren't the planks magnetized? Maybe it's stuck to the underside of something metallic?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sir Cumference
United States
Unspecified
California
flag msg tools
What's wrong with having solitaire games and puzzles in the database? I can't see what harm that would do. We do have items like Sackson's Beyond Solitaire.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
United States
Carpentersville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
peepeeweewee wrote:
What's wrong with having solitaire games and puzzles in the database? I can't see what harm that would do. We do have items like Sackson's Beyond Solitaire.

The issue is where does the line get drawn? Do we let every jigsaw puzzle get added?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.