GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,896 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
19 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

The Battle for Hill 218» Forums » News

Subject: App news: Universal support and Async multiplayer update is live rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nils Hellberg
United Kingdom
Bristol
Avon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
See you on the battlefield:

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/the-battle-for-hill-218/id59...

If you find any bugs please send a PM.

*NOTE: not suitable for non-retina displays or devices running iOS 5

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ellis
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I personally look forward to smashing you all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Stanley
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The update is absolutely awesome. I was so used to playing only the AI, that it was nice to remember how tricky the game can be against players who do things extremely well and a little differently. The ones I've won and lost against really great players have been great fun, and though it feels like at that level of play it may be who got better draws or had the preferred place in the turn order, there have been certainly things I could have played differently in different matches. And I like seeing the ways some players use my own board dominance against me by placing a unit where it is surrounded by enemies and the hill, but it can't be defeated precisely because it is surrounded by enemies!

Great update with lots of awesome little improvements and tons of value in the improved online play.

By the way: feel free to smash me any time, Chad!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ellis
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Blue Steel wrote:
And I like seeing the ways some players use my own board dominance against me by placing a unit where it is surrounded by enemies and the hill, but it can't be defeated precisely because it is surrounded by enemies!

Nils did that to me (his one victory against me so far, I believe) and I very nearly did that to Jessica Chen (my current nemesis). By playing Heavy Weapons next to the Hill as my second play I could make it impossible for her to kill it, but unfortunately she would then win by blocking the spaces I needed to kill her Hill unit. Too few units remaining to force through the win so I had to try for unit numbers and hope she would misplay. She didn't, and I lost by one.

The funny thing is that I have a huge positive score against her if you count a Groundhog Day experience. One of our games bugged on the last turn. I occupy her base, am told that I won, but then the game is still there waiting for me to take my turn. I've replayed that last turn about twenty times before finally giving up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.