Popular Tags: [View All]
Sebastian
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I already posted this in the Arboriculture forum, but I fear there are only a few users reading and my request is urgend.

So I appologize and post it twice:

Can I place every year only one worker on the whole arboriculture board or can I place one worker on each of the actions it offers?

If I plant a tree on a field, can I still plant wine, too, or can I only use two field for wine when I planted a tree?

Thanks a lot, tonight will be my first game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Pecorelli
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can place a single worker in as many spots on the expansion board as you have available per turn. You don't have to choose just one spot each turn. Also notice that most of the spaces, if not all of them, are outlined in both yellow and blue so you can take those actions in summer or winter.

Yes. You can still have grape vines up to the total value of 6, as well as 1 arbor card (Apple Tree, Tomato Vine, Olive Tree) per field.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks a lot, Tony, for the fast answers. Both answers suprise me, I would have guessed the other option. Where did you get your information from? Or is it really clear within the rules and my limited knowledge of the language was the reason for not understanding? Most things I understand, but sometimes some aspects are not 100% clear to me...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Pecorelli
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, for the first one it isn't explicitly said, but it makes sense that they would all be available since at the beginning of the rules it lists what you have access to as a vineyard owner. I believe it is in the first column of the rulebook where it states what you start with.

The second one is listed in the rules somewhere, but I don't recall where and can't look it up as I'm at work.

The first is implied while the other is written straight out so it may be the language barrier and it may be the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, thanks!

The rules say: you can take actions on the Arboriculture board... "but only one of each action per year"

Yes, you should be right there. The more times I read it, the more I see my mistake

To arbors on the field: instead of planting a wine you can plant an arbor card on a field that does not have a planted arbor.

Okay, no other limitations. From reading the rules I thought that planting arbors isn't a great idea if you can only do it when you reduce your wine.

So now I can play the game, I think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Pecorelli
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Right. You can't place multiple workers on one action, but certainly can use more than one of those new actions.

Yep, it sounds like you've got it cleared up!

Don't forget that when you harvest you get your grapes and whatever your arbor card produces. Have a great game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
It's a love/hate relationship.
badge
Check out my board game instructional videos on my YouTube channel: "The Game Explainer".
mbmbmbmbmb
Tony is correct on all rulings.

You'll find using the arbor cards really changes the strategy around planting and harvesting. Sometimes you'll want to harvest a field with less grapes, just to get the arbor product. It's a fun little expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Tony, Sebastian, and Matt! Sorry, I didn't see this until just now, but you've answered the questions correctly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls