Subject: Board for Bag End rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Williams
United Kingdom
Beckenham, KENT
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'd like to start this game at the very beginning, Bag End. Even with F&F you start at Bree so I've been thinking about creating a "Bag End" board. This would incorporate the elements currently present in the pre game Bag End section (dealing cards, nazgul attack, option to prepare more) and add a little more bit here and there.

As any Bag End board could not be avoided, and would add to the overall board count, it would need to be fairly easy. Construction of the board is simply enough, the fonts are freely available and the layout is fairly straightforward. Thoughts I've had so far;

Allow more cards to be gained at the start the longer the board is played, an extention of the "make preparations" idea. However the longer you dwell on the board the more chance of bad events.

Have just 2 or three tracks; Friendship, Hiding and Travel. With emphasis on Hiding and Travel.

Event ideas;
Gandalf arrives - essentially the very first event
Something to do with the Sackville Baggins's - not sure what yet
Nazgul arrive at the shire.
Flight through the Old Forest

Image possibilities; (for personal use only since no doubt copyrighted)
Gandalf at Hobbit Town - John Howe. Keeps consistency since all the other art is by JH.
Green Hill Morning - by Ted nasmith. Shows Hobbits and has a greater sense of travel
Green Hills - Ted Nasmith. Similar to above.

Any suggestions welcome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Butler
United States
Fort Walton Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Farmer Maggot (Shortcut to Mushrooms), with his dogs...that can be an event! If Hiding not complete...(some ill effect happens); if Hiding complete (something positive)

Travel seems to me like it should be the main path...that's what it is all about at the beginning.

Incorporating Tom Bombadil somehow would be really cool, too. It could be an event or a character card...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Warlock of
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice idea. Although it should probably be 'The Shire', not 'Bag End'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls