GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,153 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

The Western Front: 1914 to 1918» Forums » Rules

Subject: Combat Example Incorrect? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
M Evan Brooks
United States
Gainesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I have now received The Western Front: 1914 to 1918 and have a question about the combat example (Figure 9). While I understand the attack, the counterattack seems wrong. The example states that the French player's counterattack "is increased by 3 due to the rough terrain." Yet, the CRT clearly states that rough terrain only modifies the die roll by +1.

Am I missing something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hughes
Canada
flag msg tools
On the face of it yes; but I have the previous edition and cannot be sure. Perhaps you should post at Consimworld were Dave Schroeder answers questions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Lawson
United States
Rutland
Vermont
flag msg tools
Boston Redsox
badge
New England Patriots!
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the problem is that the terrain effects have evolved since that example. At one time I think rough did give a +3 modifier on counterattacks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Levandowski
United States
Pittsburg
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The example is not correct according to the Terrain Effects Chart in the latest Sterling Edition of the rules. It says that attacker gets a -3 attacking over rough, while the counter-attacker gets a +1.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.