Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Pool
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just bought this game last weekend, at $9.00 it seems overpriced for what you get. The cards are 2.25 inches X 3.25 inches, mat finish on the front and semi-glossy on the back. The pictures on the cards are duplicated, the "Zombie" card has 30 copies that all look the same. Square cut cards, no corner rounding. The cards are numbered, a nice touch. Game play is extremely light, draw a card and play a card on your self to stop a threat; or on someone else to start a zombie threat. The whole thing seems like a desktop publishing that got out of hand. Spend an extra $1.00 and get Parade. Not that I'm bashing desktop publishing, but I would never think to charge for the DTP games I create.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cheryl Leon
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Haha, it is definitely overpriced, but aren't all newer games overpriced these days? I was gleeful to find a game for under $10 (before tax).

The game is simple -- probably too simple, but it was a fun race for my 11-year-old and me. What disappointed me the most was the images on the cards -- you'd think they could have had more than one zombie image or one soldier image. Mix it up a little for some visual fun. And they pick a zombie in a lab coat? Pretty specific for no apparent reason. Just give us a few generic zombies on top of that, and it makes more sense. I do desktop publishing professionally, and definitely could have done better But I guess they wanted to go for "cheap" (like the cheap coating and non-rounded edges)

It's a little Mille Bornes-ish the way you play, which would be great if there were the added twists and goals that a still-very-simple game like MB offers. If you want a more exciting zombie game, go for Zombie Fluxx -- similar, but with a lot more going on.

See? This is why I don't usually buy games or books or other stuff based on the latest hit (or sort of hit -- I haven't seen it; heard it wasn't nearly as good as the book, which was really good) movie -- they usually don't put much thought into the items; they just want to sell the box printed with the movie poster It's not horrible, but nothing special.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Thompson
United States
Thomson
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got the game for $3.44 on clearance at FYE. Pretty fun "out of the box" game. Got it while on vacation and we had fun with it. Not terribly difficult. I'm thinking of coming up with some additional rules for things like:

* when you control two or more sides of your continent.
* when zombie cards control one, two or three sides.
* when there are two raging zombies in play on a continent.
* when you have two elite soldiers in play

Stuff like that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls