Batou Romaine
United States
New York
flag msg tools

I downloaded the hero template with the intention of creating my own hero card, but I have absolutely no skill with photoshop or gimp or anything.

Does anyone have any links for me to follow to learn how, or any easy tips for me to get started?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Coolen
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: I smell new games!Microbadge: I Rearrange My GamesMicrobadge: Box FartMicrobadge: I get surprise boxes from KickstarterMicrobadge: Pluto - everybody's favorite ex-planet
I wouldn't really know where to start..
It all depends how you wanna go about it. Do you want to learn how to draw in photoshop, do you just want to alter an already existing picture. In any case it wll take some time and effort.

Although the best way to get things started is just to open the file in one of these programs and start messing around. If you already know what you want to have on your hero card, you can ask yourself direct questions, like: I need this drawing of my hero on the card, how do i get the drawing into the file. Then google something like "importing files in photoshop".. You need text? Google "Text in Photoshop"..

This is an ideal opportunity to level up and teach yourself a new skill
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rom Brown
New Zealand
Gisborne
flag msg tools
designer
Live Fast. Love Hard. Die With Your Mask On.
badge
True-Man's come home! ...and he IS the storm!
Microbadge: Victory point salad fanMicrobadge: Dawn of the Zeds 3rd EditionMicrobadge: Fan of Stonemaier GamesMicrobadge: Eagle-Gryphon Games fanMicrobadge: I pimp my games
I highly recommend checking out the One-on-One tutorials by photoshop god Deke McClelland ... starting with his "fundamentals" series.

Follow that up with his intermediate, advanced, then mastery series ... a mere 30 ish hours of tutorials in total (if it's CS6 you're using, 60 hours if it's CS5, heh) -_-

Fun times ... luckily he's rather charismatic, certainly not the usual monotone tutor (thank goodness).

If that's all a bit daunting maybe you could convince a friendly BGGeek to compile your hero for you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls