Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Doug LaVigne
United States
Kennesaw
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't get in on the Kickstarter, so I cannot see the comments on the "Backers Only" posts of the Kickstarter page. Has anyone printed and played this game? I am interested in buying it now (well, preordering it), but there are no reviews here, so I am hoping someone can give me something to go on. Thanks in advance if you can help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leron T
United States
Beaverton
OR
flag msg tools
mbmb
Arsonor wrote:
I didn't get in on the Kickstarter, so I cannot see the comments on the "Backers Only" posts of the Kickstarter page. Has anyone printed and played this game? I am interested in buying it now (well, preordering it), but there are no reviews here, so I am hoping someone can give me something to go on. Thanks in advance if you can help.
I backed the kick starter and have had an absolute blast playing*. I've played with as few as three people to as many as nine (though sometimes with that many I like to let them team up with one other player). The hilarity doesn't seem to stop. Few things are as ridiculous to imagine as Russell Crowe's the Gladiator, Decimus Maximus, riding a velocipede and shooting bees from his mouth.

*The one issue I have with the game is that the default rules are rather boring and leave nothing to the imagination. I play with a different rule-set of my own design. I might make a posting about it but here's a general overview:

First, The referee is the great decider and clarifier. He decides if it's every man for himself or teams, if the fights occur separately or if it's a gladiatorial free for all. He also can answer clarification questions does the "Stone Gaze" card mean they turn their opponents to stone? does it mean he shoots rocks from his eyes? does it mean he can make people high? it's up to the ref to answer those questions.

Next, I play with 2 random Attribute cards drawn for each character and then the players have the choice of swapping one out with one from their hand.

Lastly… Table talk. fight for your character's supremacy. convince the Ref why Robin hood with a portal gun deserves to defeat a dragon made of bricks more than a whale on a segway…

I'll go into more detail later, but I give the game five thumbs up out of seven…

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug LaVigne
United States
Kennesaw
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for that! I'll revisit my options again based on your post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls