Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tu
South Africa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Disappointing ability to be honest, I was hoping for more interaction with clicks.

These look like they have MASSIVE POTENTIAL. At least, will destroy any big ICE strat like Emergency Shutdown and Femme.

I wonder if the Deep Red ability that lets you do a click action without spending the click will let you play that ability DURING A RUN?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Fraasch
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good gods the Caissa programs make my head hurt.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Keaten
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
First Click
badge
Praise it.
mbmbmbmbmb
First impressions? Dayum, Roja looks strong. I'm getting a little put off be the plethora of base link identities though, to be honest. Landing links is a rough gamble as is without strong identities coming pre-stocked with defense.

Aside from that... dat City Surveillance. I love the idea of an anti-economy, and this thing does a fairly decent job - I wonder if this could open up some wiggle room for replacing Data Ravens for decks that need to have solid tag ability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Perry
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mb
i don't see any reason why not, since the paid ability basically becomes 0 credits: action.

I, for one, am hyped at the return of city surveilance!

(EVEN THOUGH IT'S NOWHERE NEAR AS GOOD AS IT USED TO BE)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Boivin
Canada
Montréal
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome. Those programs can potentially create quite a mess! Noise is the king of the late game in Anarch, but with the complicated board state that the end game can bring in Netrunner, I think that the chessboard strategy can make it very hard for the corp to manage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Keaten
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
First Click
badge
Praise it.
mbmbmbmbmb
Tuism wrote:
I wonder if the Deep Red ability that lets you do a click action without spending the click will let you play that ability DURING A RUN?
It's only triggered on Install, so that's a no-go there.

Are you really disappointed with her ability? Especially early on, it's rare to rez more than one ice at a time - this is a mean hit on low-income corps and could do well to cripple Chimera.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ony Moose
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well if you have personal workshop/clone chip / self modifying code you can install programs during a run, and gain the Click ability.

Midori is going to *own* this cycle. Nice Chess program you had there, would be a shame if the ice it was on was returned to HQ wouldn't it, trashing your shiny program in the process...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Boivin
Canada
Montréal
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As in my last post, I said that the programs Caïssa programs will be great for the lategame especially. The little crippling damage of taxing the corp 1 extra every turn is going to help the early game as well. I think that a very aggressive Reina Roja can maybe take the spot of Noise as top Anarch. It's a very different ballgame though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pawn: starts on the outermost ICE in a server, and advances if you get a successful run. If it advances 'past' the innermost ice, it upgrades into one of other other pieces.

Bishop: Can be repositioned from central to remote and vice versa. That looks like it simulates diagonal movement.

Rook: Can be repositioned to anywhere within the current Server or to the same 'rank' (starting from the innermost piece of ICE). Definitely simulating 'rank' and 'file' movement.

Knight: Can be repositioned to any other piece of ICE other than 'right next' to it in the same server. That's 'close' to the knight's movement in chess, only being able to 'attack' squares it doesn't have immediate proximity to.

Queen: Reina herself I'd think.

What is the King going to do? Usually you lose if your King goes down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Head Zach
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Enjoying the Android universe being brought together with the introduction of Raymond Flint, ex-spacefighter pilot, alcoholic, and private dick.

"Flint? He's a burnout. A useless alcoholic and a waste of Department time and money." - Louis Blaine, NAPD Detective and completely on the take for the notorious Mr. Li

"One of the best detectives on my PI list." - Richard Harrison, NAPD Detective and who solves the murder conspiracy case in the novel Free Fall
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
João Almeida
msg tools
mbmb
WOW! Reina Roja couldn't be more perfect for my deck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Igor Đekić
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
Tuism wrote:
These look like they have MASSIVE POTENTIAL. At least, will destroy any big ICE strat like Emergency Shutdown and Femme.
I'm not really too pleased with this. Big ICE is pretty vulnerable already, we don't need more counters to it.

I'm looking forward to a new breed of Anarch Workshop, though. The synergy between Workshop and Deep Red looks amazing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Keaten
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
First Click
badge
Praise it.
mbmbmbmbmb
Side note - I really, really want to know what Sundew says. Anything that's a 3i Jinteki gets my attention.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Perry
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mb
so obviously people are going to be bringing in chess pieces to netrunner games now to show which ice hosts what.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Baumgartner
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Interestingly, Pawn is the first program to have a 0MU cost.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ony Moose
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The worst case scenario for big ICE is its broken for 2C per sub with Knight (or I suppose taken down to 3 str and broken for free with Yog.) But having all that MU eaten up in programs with a 2C cost console makes PowerGridOverload a big threat....

And the chess breakers need to be installed and clicked onto the big ice, so your archer/flare will still fire when you rez it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip von Doomula
United States
Hermon
ME
flag msg tools
"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
badge
I got in everyone's hostile little face. Yes, these are wooden cubes from boardgaming. Yes, I'm comfortable with that. I am enlightened.
Microbadge: Audiobooks fanMicrobadge: Happily marriedMicrobadge: Parent of Two BoysMicrobadge: Devoted FatherMicrobadge: Maine
These Chess pieces make my brain hurt...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Perry
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mb
rook + reina + xanadu.....

your wall of static on the just cost 7 to rez...

that combo sounds pretty nasty
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Lent
United States
Novato
California
flag msg tools
badge
DEFINITELY A GOOD GUY, GUYS
mbmbmbmbmb
This is seriously like the dopest thing to happen to Anarch. I might have to play them now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Baumgartner
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
City Surveillance means that a Closed Account becomes a Tag on the runner's turn. Also, a corp-imposed tax on the runner is a nice mechanic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Head Zach
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shatner83 wrote:
City Surveillance means that a Closed Account becomes a Tag on the runner's turn. Also, a corp-imposed tax on the runner is a nice mechanic.
$1 is cheaper than $2 + click. It represents the runner having to keep moving and avoiding the cameras. But they have to keep moving.

Run, runner!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stan Adecla
United States
New York
flag msg tools
experimilk wrote:
so obviously people are going to be bringing in chess pieces to netrunner games now to show which ice hosts what.
I would so I don't have to constantly readjust cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Frank
United States
Brooklyn
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm torn on City Surveillance. Seems powerful, high influence cost may mean the designers think it's powerful, but expensive and easy enough to overcome. But there may be more useful NBN material coming, too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [7] |