GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,610 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
16 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Pandemic: On the Brink» Forums » General

Subject: WIll the components of OTB fit into the 2nd edition Pandemic box? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jennifer Derrick
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hopefully, they do. Can someone who has the new edition of OTB confirm whether the components will fit into Pandemic's (2nd ed.) box?

I don't need any more boxes, but I really want this expansion!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Knobbly Savage
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Pandemic Facebook account just today posted an image of the OTB box, showing that the stuff from the base game and both expansions will fit in there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Derrick
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome, thanks. I don't usually "do" Facebook, but I took a look at that pic and am placing my order today! It's great that they left space for the In the Lab stuff, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Izzy Aminov
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
The expansion comes with petri dishes which you can store all your diseases in. At first I thought what the point was, but after figuring out it's for storage, I really liked the idea.

Only problem I had was the slot for the cards is pretty tight. You can fit all the cards in but taking them out is hard. I wrapped a ribbon on one of the decks to make it easier.

Here's mine:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Sparks
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got my copy yesterday, and yes, the box is designed to hold the base game + expansion. The only problem is that you cannot sleeve the cards anymore. It barely fits the three decks (player cards, infection cards and a deck of role/scenario cards).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Lampinen
Finland
Espoo
none
flag msg tools
(and a hermit)
badge
Fan of FUN games!
mbmbmb
The box looks surprisingly small (In the Lab has loads of stuff according to its bgg page), but if they say all expansions fit I guess they do then..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Squiz
United Kingdom
Guildford
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zman games saying you can sleeve the cards and still fit them in the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MaxFool
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
squiz wrote:
Zman games saying you can sleeve the cards and still fit them in the box.

I have my cards sleeved and they do fit, although a bit tight. Using Pro-fit sleeves which are practically the size of the cards.
Will need to go the ribbon route for easier removal. But I do give Z-MAN props for the insert design. Every component can be neatly parked.
The petri dishes are a bit cheap but they do the job. The lids are a bit loose but should remain closed with the gameboard folded on top of them while in the box.

There is also one error with the dish sticker for the red virus. Has the icon for the black. Easy to ignore. I am also happy with the gametrack pad for the Bio-Terrorist.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.