Scott Nicholson
Canada
Brantford
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is a direct link to the Board Games with Scott 12-minute video explanation and review of Santiago. In this video, I explain the rules and review the game.

http://www.boardgameswithscott.com/?p=16
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Marchlewitz
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice work, Scott.
This game is not in my library yet, but is on the radar.
Nice video review.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve K
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
Many thanks for the video review, Scott.

It finally pushed me into playing Santiago for the first time, and we really enjoyed it, despite having only three players (we played a 3 player variant from BGG).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ender Wiggins
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
First of all, let me say thanks to Scott for his excellent and helpful reviews. They are very useful to get an idea of what a game is like before buying it.

One small criticism about this particular video, for the benefit of people relying on it to learn the rules: the video is potentially somewhat misleading during the explanation of gameplay, from about 2:20 onwards. At the beginning of the game, only the spring should be placed on the board, and not the spring and a canal as shown in the video. Around 4:10 it is stated that the canal is randomly placed on the board with the spring at the beginning of the game - surely this is not correct, right?

This aside, great Scott, great job!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Driver 8
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great review. I'm getting this game now. One thing though, did you mean to call the Canal Overseer the Harbor Master so many times? Maybe you were thinking of Manila.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.