Adam Rochford
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
The Paizo site says "Expected approximately August 2013". I've followed this game for a while and I remember talk of release at Gen Con. Does anyone know if that is still the plan? I'm trying to decide if I should pre-order or wait for Gen Con, whichever gets me the game faster.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(((100% real name)))
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
There's a link to Paizo blog post in the neighbor thread, which says:
Quote:
August 15 release date
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Rochford
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Ah I see that now. Well that pretty much confirms it. Gen Con starts on the 15th. I found the article you were referring to, I didn't notice the new post.

http://paizo.com/paizo/blog/v5748dyo5lewo?Pathfinder-Adventu...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bubba P
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm hooked.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodney "Watch It Played" Smith
Canada
Montague
Prince Edward Island
flag msg tools
badge
Join us to learn and watch games played at youtube.com/watchitplayed
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
They are well ahead of the game too. The first slate of expansions are prepped and ready to go - they are certainly putting their full support behind the game.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beau No last name
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Pelvidar wrote:
They are well ahead of the game too. The first slate of expansions are prepped and ready to go - they are certainly putting their full support behind the game.


I guess that's one way to look at it....but unless I missed something they are only running one event at gencon in support of this, and it's not even a playable event, it's a seminar for 1 hour on Saturday from 2-3pm.

I was very disappointed to see they didn't have multiple playable events running for people to have a chance to sit down for a couple of hours and play the game. What a missed opportunity to sell your product. (of course they aren't the only company that missed opportunities, Fantasy Flight is hardly running any events with their LCG product line and that is a line that has new stuff coming out pretty much monthly - what a way to hook a new player)

- Raider30
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodney "Watch It Played" Smith
Canada
Montague
Prince Edward Island
flag msg tools
badge
Join us to learn and watch games played at youtube.com/watchitplayed
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm really not sure what events they are running at GenCon, I would suspect there will be playable demos though.

I'll have to see what I can find out.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Rochford
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Either way, Paizo will be the first booth I visit.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beau No last name
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Pelvidar wrote:
I'm really not sure what events they are running at GenCon, I would suspect there will be playable demos though.

I'll have to see what I can find out.


While I would guess there will be demos at their booth, IMO, that's really missing a good chunk of people who would much rather sit down and have a 2 hour block to learn/play a game, taught by the company who makes it. Not to mention the $2-$4 per ticket sold for that 2 hour block.

Maybe it's just me but trying to time it right so I jump into a demo game of what will likely be a popular/hot item with 10k other people milling around...not exactly my idea of a good time.

Anyway, like I said, it's not just Paizo who has done this. There are several other big companies who, again IMO, seem to be missing the boat on hooking new customers into their games.

- Raider30
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A. B. West
United States
Beech Grove
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Why aren't you PLAYING a game?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Raider30 wrote:
Maybe it's just me but trying to time it right so I jump into a demo game of what will likely be a popular/hot item with 10k other people milling around...not exactly my idea of a good time.

Demo? Won't you be in the line of 10K people waiting to BUY the game? I know I will.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben McClellan
United States
Brunswick
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Raider30 wrote:

While I would guess there will be demos at their booth, IMO, that's really missing a good chunk of people who would much rather sit down and have a 2 hour block to learn/play a game, taught by the company who makes it. Not to mention the $2-$4 per ticket sold for that 2 hour block.


I think they only have one slot, and it's only 1 hour long. But it's free:

https://www.gencon.com/events/45701
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beau No last name
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jimmythesaint wrote:
Raider30 wrote:

While I would guess there will be demos at their booth, IMO, that's really missing a good chunk of people who would much rather sit down and have a 2 hour block to learn/play a game, taught by the company who makes it. Not to mention the $2-$4 per ticket sold for that 2 hour block.


I think they only have one slot, and it's only 1 hour long. But it's free:

https://www.gencon.com/events/45701


Thanks for the link, though I mentioned it already in my original post. I do appreciate the effort though.

With all the rpg events Paizo is running I was hoping they'd set aside 5-6 tables to run games continuously of their new big product. I mean they did a great job of supporting the Pathfinder Beginner Box last year and are continuing to support the Box this year as well with multiple events you can sign up for, 5hr slots that take you through character and basic rules information and then an hour each for each of the basic adventures included in the Box.

That would have been awesome to see something similar for this product as well.

-Raider30
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben McClellan
United States
Brunswick
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Raider30 wrote:

Thanks for the link, though I mentioned it already in my original post. I do appreciate the effort though.

With all the rpg events Paizo is running I was hoping they'd set aside 5-6 tables to run games continuously of their new big product. I mean they did a great job of supporting the Pathfinder Beginner Box last year and are continuing to support the Box this year as well with multiple events you can sign up for, 5hr slots that take you through character and basic rules information and then an hour each for each of the basic adventures included in the Box.

That would have been awesome to see something similar for this product as well.

-Raider30


Ah, sorry. I shouldn't post at 5am before coffee.

I agree with you about the multiple events, but since there are still 30 spots left for the one event they have scheduled, maybe they're worried about turnout?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beau No last name
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jimmythesaint wrote:
Raider30 wrote:

Thanks for the link, though I mentioned it already in my original post. I do appreciate the effort though.

With all the rpg events Paizo is running I was hoping they'd set aside 5-6 tables to run games continuously of their new big product. I mean they did a great job of supporting the Pathfinder Beginner Box last year and are continuing to support the Box this year as well with multiple events you can sign up for, 5hr slots that take you through character and basic rules information and then an hour each for each of the basic adventures included in the Box.

That would have been awesome to see something similar for this product as well.

-Raider30


Ah, sorry. I shouldn't post at 5am before coffee.

I agree with you about the multiple events, but since there are still 30 spots left for the one event they have scheduled, maybe they're worried about turnout?


Perhaps, though the hour long event they are having isn't a playable event. I believe it is simply more of a talk about the game, like a forum type thing, hence the free cost and large number of available slots. I would definitely attend though if I weren't ready gm'ing several Heroscape events at that time.

- Raider30
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.