King of Tokyo» Forums » Rules

Subject: Can you use rapid healing in tokyo? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
b n
Canada
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Card says spend two money to heal one so I'm curious if you can do that in Tokyo cause doesn't specify that you cant use the card in Tokyo i know you cant heal in Tokyo but can you use cards to heal?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Buckingham
United States
Berne
IN
flag msg tools
Watch and learn... - Dr. Who
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
beamz0 wrote:
Card says spend two money to heal one so I'm curious if you can do that in Tokyo cause doesn't specify that you cant use the card in Tokyo i know you cant heal in Tokyo but can you use cards to heal?
We've always played that you can use that card while you are in Tokyo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gar Per
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mbuckingham wrote:
beamz0 wrote:
I'm pretty sure an Iello rep ruled No on this in another thread recently.

Edit: No, I'm thinking of healing ray. FAQ says yes you can use rapid healing in Tokyo.

Second edit: On the topic of Healing Ray - I'm convinced I saw where you can't use healing ray in Tokyo because the rules say you can't use the heart result even though the FAQ says differently. Maybe I dreamed that one up. Now I'm unsure on this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, in Tokyo you can use everything else than resolving hearts (in one way or another).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan King (The Game Boy Geek)
United States
Gilbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes the rules say you can't heal in tokyo with hearts but can by cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Meninga
United States
Allegan
Michigan
flag msg tools
mb
nate_lockhart wrote:
mbuckingham wrote:
beamz0 wrote:
I'm pretty sure an Iello rep ruled No on this in another thread recently.

Edit: No, I'm thinking of healing ray. FAQ says yes you can use rapid healing in Tokyo.

Second edit: On the topic of Healing Ray - I'm convinced I saw where you can't use healing ray in Tokyo because the rules say you can't use the heart result even though the FAQ says differently. Maybe I dreamed that one up. Now I'm unsure on this one.
Illeo Said No to Healing Ray (The French FAQ was wrong) But you can Heal in Tokyo with cards that don't use hearts.

Check out my cards rules dowmload
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/91030/quick-reference-...

It answers this and many more questions for KOT

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
the dare978devil
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
americanpirates wrote:

Illeo Said No to Healing Ray (The French FAQ was wrong) But you can Heal in Tokyo with cards that don't use hearts.

Check out my cards rules dowmload
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/91030/quick-reference-...

It answers this and many more questions for KOT
Thanks for that, interesting about the Hearts in Tokyo and the Healing Ray. We have always played that rolling a Heart in Tokyo is useless, there is nothing you can do with it other than reroll it. Any Hearts on your third roll are simply wasted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Is Not Geddy Lee
United States
Sandy Hook
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
But can you use it after you are dead? If the other player is still rolling, but has not either finished rolling or rolled the third time?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grarrrg Grarrrgowski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sookebc123 wrote:
hseldon wrote:
But can you use it after you are dead? If the other player is still rolling, but has not either finished rolling or rolled the third time?
Chicken or egg question here. You are healing at the same time you are being attacked, of course.
You can heal in response to incoming death.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls