GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,778 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
16 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game» Forums » General

Subject: New Mastermind Tactics? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tyson Cram
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmb
Since Dark City has come out, there has been some talk of how the new masterminds leave some of the older ones behind in terms of difficulty. I don't necessarily have a problem with that, but I'd rather not see multiple versions of existing masterminds in order to power up some of the older ones.

What I would like to see is new mastermind tactics for all of the masterminds so far. I'd love it if there were 8 total for each mastermind, and we would randomly choose 4 at the start of a game (or 5, or 6, etc. if we wanted a more challenging game). That way you don't know what the mastermind has in store every game, and it is possible to avoid mastermind power creep by giving the base set masterminds slightly tougher tactics to balance things out a bit between the sets.

Future expansions could add new tactics from time to time (not every set - maybe 1-2 per big box expansion).

I'd also be interested in a "Villain of the Week" expansion, with a generic set of tactics and a couple of nasty "Fight:" overlay cards, so we could take a villain from a set not currently in the villain deck and power them up to temporary mastermind status.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Those are all interesting ideas!

Have you looked at the challenge modes documented in the rulebooks? They can make the old masterminds a lot tougher...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyson Cram
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmb
DarthEd wrote:
Those are all interesting ideas!

Have you looked at the challenge modes documented in the rulebooks? They can make the old masterminds a lot tougher...

I have, and do use them. I'm mainly looking to the future, as well as mixing things up a little so you never quite know what mischief Loki is going to pull this time. I figured new tactics was the easiest way to do this on a per mastermind basis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ashley Martin
United States
Pensacola
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
we sometimes play where we take a mastermind card and 1 of his tactics and make a stack of 4 different masterminds so that you never know which one will be next and it changes up the master strikes and such its pretty fun especially since they came out with the new masterminds id recommend trying it. just make 2 card piles of a mastermind and 1 of his random tactics (mastermind first). then have another player randomly stack 4 of them together and there you go a super villain team up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.