Android: Netrunner» Forums » Rules

Subject: Deep Thought program rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Homchuck
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
Once the three virus counters are on Deep Thought do I hav e to spend one every time I use the ability of looking at the top card of R&D at the beginning of my turn. Or do the counters just remain in the card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley Chan
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They remain until the Corp wipes them.

It doesn't matter right now, but you also continue to accumulate counters past 3 as you run R&D.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Finkle
msg tools
The counters remain on the card, at least until the Corporation chooses to wipe them. It's why it's a strong card, once you've hit the threshold of counters, you can just sit back and gain credits every turn until you see an agenda on top of the R&D that you can nab, or the Corp takes some action to stop you (like virus wipe).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin Flynn
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Counters just remain until the corp does something to wipe all virus counters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Goodwin
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There may be some future effect that allows you to move virus counters around, or remove them for profit of some kind... so there may be a reason to permit more than three.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian H
United States
Anacortes
Washington
flag msg tools
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Miaowara_Tomokato wrote:
There may be some future effect that allows you to move virus counters around, or remove them for profit of some kind... so there may be a reason to permit more than three.
Yeah, I would guess that we may see ways to remove individual virus counters in the future.

Maybe even just an agenda that, when scored, gives the Corp the ability to spend one click to clear one virus token.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Palpster
Netherlands
Nunspeet
Gelderland
flag msg tools
Microbadge: KeyForge fan - MarsMicrobadge: Marvel Champions fanMicrobadge: Star Wars: Destiny fanMicrobadge: Gùgōng fanMicrobadge: Vindication fan
MavericK96 wrote:
Miaowara_Tomokato wrote:
Yeah, I would guess that we may see ways to remove individual virus counters in the future.

Maybe even just an agenda that, when scored, gives the Corp the ability to spend one click to clear one virus token.
One click to remove one virus token? That's rather expensive. Would only make sense if Runner was only running one Virus program (like Deep Thought...), but this would be so situational that I don't see many people running an Agenda like that (well, unless it was a 3/2 Neutral, of course, but then it's got nothing to do with the scored ability).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lluluien
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Palpster wrote:
(well, unless it was a 3/2 Neutral, of course, but then it's got nothing to do with the scored ability)
Yeah I'd hazard a guess that if we ever see a Neutral 3/2 agenda, it's more likely to say something like "Corp must pay 3 credits as an additional cost to score this agenda".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Pettigrew
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
lluluien wrote:
Palpster wrote:
(well, unless it was a 3/2 Neutral, of course, but then it's got nothing to do with the scored ability)
Yeah I'd hazard a guess that if we ever see a Neutral 3/2 agenda, it's more likely to say something like "Corp must pay 3 credits as an additional cost to score this agenda".
"You may only Score this Agenda at the beginning of your turn."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls