Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Charles F.
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While there are many very interesting and funny geeklists, I feel there are way too many inconsequential geeklists as well. In that light, wouldn't it be wise to remove those of no or little merit? Or at least grouping those on the game entry page into "highly recommended" etc categories following the thumbs-recommendations?

Perhaps one ought to also have thumbs down, which could be given to geeklists of little merit?

I personally feel things are getting almost as cumbersome as the forum entries when they were still shown on a game's main page (change early last year?). Pages like those of Siedler, Puerto Rico or War of the Ring were thus becoming really cumbersome...

Do you believe the general thrust of the above idea would enhance BGG usability?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Martin
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Something like the files section where it tops out at 10 entries on the main page would be nice, especially since Geeklists are rated. The best would show up in the 10 item summary and the rest would be available on a separate page.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Kaiser
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
charlesf wrote:
While there are many very interesting and funny geeklists, I feel there are way too many inconsequential geeklists as well. In that light, wouldn't it be wise to remove those of no or little merit?

One consequence of this would be all those people that did give their thumbs up recommendations would be silenced! Most GeekLists manage to get a few thumbs up recommendations so someone like them. should the community as a whole be allowed to tell these people that they shouldn't like particular content, which is essentially what would happen if you purge GeekLists that you (or anyone else) don't think have merit. That being said, I certainly do agree that there is a lot of repetitive GeekLists of marginal value to anyone but stepping in and saying what will or will not qualify as a "good" GeekList is a little heavy handed.

Quote:

Or at least grouping those on the game entry page into "highly recommended" etc categories following the thumbs-recommendations?

This already happens. The GeekLists are ranked by order of number of recommendations with the highest ones being first.

Quote:

Perhaps one ought to also have thumbs down, which could be given to geeklists of little merit?

Already exists in a way, although not in the way you are talking about I think. There is a thumbs down emoticon that you can add to a comment at the bottom of each GeekList you deem unworthy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Shaffer
United States
San Francisco
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Only the top 25 geeklists appear on the game page, as rated by thumbs up.

2) Your idea of merit might not be the same as mine or someone else's.

3) Thumbs down are easy to abuse, as has been proven in the past on BGG when we had the 1-10 and 1-5 rating scales.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.