Subject: Rantillion Beetlemen - Burrowing Tunnels rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frank Otte
Germany
Münster
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Level 08 BGG posterMicrobadge: Rules PoliceMicrobadge: Game ExplainerMicrobadge: Will work for board gamesMicrobadge: I speak German
Burrowing Tunnels: "Use 1 Alien Menace Token at any time during your turn (including during a fight) to move any number of your Aliens from a single space to any other single space where you have an Alien present."

Just to be sure, I can use the above ability in a fight, after the fight dice where rolled, just one "logical second" before I lose this fight, to avoid any casualties?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benj Davis
Australia
Summer Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: I met my spouse playing gamesMicrobadge: Cortex Plus fanMicrobadge: Parent of One BoyMicrobadge: Ken and Robin Talk About Stuff fan
I don't think so. I think you can AVOID a fight by doing so, but once the dice are rolled, they're resolved immediately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Otte
Germany
Münster
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Level 08 BGG posterMicrobadge: Rules PoliceMicrobadge: Game ExplainerMicrobadge: Will work for board gamesMicrobadge: I speak German
Isn't the rule book quite explicit with the fact, that you can use any ability, after the fight dice are rolled?

And why else specifies the the burrowing ability "during a fight" if they have easily could have written "at the beginning of a fight"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benj Davis
Australia
Summer Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: I met my spouse playing gamesMicrobadge: Cortex Plus fanMicrobadge: Parent of One BoyMicrobadge: Ken and Robin Talk About Stuff fan
I guess you could be right. It seems like a cheap dodge to me, but I guess it will still stop you achieving goals, so go ahead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Jelley
United Kingdom
Hungerford
Berkshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Microbadge: Against the Odds Magazine fanMicrobadge: Remembrance day - lest we forget...Microbadge: PeaceMicrobadge: St Patrick's Day fanMicrobadge: SoB: Forbidden Fortress backer
Jlerpy wrote:
I guess you could be right. It seems like a cheap dodge to me, but I guess it will still stop you achieving goals, so go ahead.
It's not a cheap dodge as that is their special ability ninja

Alternatively you can add more spaceships to the fight from another area so that the reinforcements give you a win.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Umstattd
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
All Hail Lelouch
Microbadge: Star Wars: Rebellion fanMicrobadge: Star Wars: Rebellion fanMicrobadge: Star Wars: Rebellion fanMicrobadge: Star Wars: Rebellion fan
Hermjard wrote:
Isn't the rule book quite explicit with the fact, that you can use any ability, after the fight dice are rolled?

And why else specifies the the burrowing ability "during a fight" if they have easily could have written "at the beginning of a fight"?
So that means that so long as they have more than 1 location with aliens in it their forces are indestructible. As any time they are about to die they can move? Unless it's a card that specifically targets an alien.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Umstattd wrote:
So that means that so long as they have more than 1 location with aliens in it their forces are indestructible. As any time they are about to die they can move? Unless it's a card that specifically targets an alien.
They can only Burrow during their turn though. So if they had to fight a Resistance Counter during the Resistance Phase or some of other form of out of turn action (like if another player draws the Paratrooper card spawning in a Paratrooper Resistance Counter), then they couldn't Burrow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls