Subject: Is it either encounters or labyrinths? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
mark horneff
United Kingdom
london
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it wise or even viable to mix the two?

Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Baldwin
United States
Knoxville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Come and get them if you dare!
badge
To Do List: 1. Eat 2. Workout 3. Be Amazing
mbmbmbmbmb
I know this isn't really an answer but it is whatever you prefer. The tokens make for a faster game. Labyrinths will slow the game down but increase strategy. But mixing the two and making a hybrid would be fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark horneff
United Kingdom
london
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was thinking of running a standard triad with encounters 6 but not adding the encounters achievement, just to add flavour and cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Calabig
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
Ah I didn't even realize you don't add encounters to the triad setup. Good thing you posted this as I was about to play a triad scenario later tonight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Baldwin
United States
Knoxville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Come and get them if you dare!
badge
To Do List: 1. Eat 2. Workout 3. Be Amazing
mbmbmbmbmb
ecalabig wrote:
Ah I didn't even realize you don't add encounters to the triad setup. Good thing you posted this as I was about to play a triad scenario later tonight.
It's your game, play it how you want.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roland Wood
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sapper_SB wrote:

It's your game, play it how you want.
That is true but at the same time if play-testers already discovered that the game is better with either/or rather than both why should we go through the process of that same discovery. The scenarios seem to say either one or the other and while I am sure it is possible to combine everything together into one mega-arena....maybe there is a good design reason not to do so...

Maybe it isn't even a design issue but simply one of variety. If you always play with everything every time things might get somewhat samey.

What we really need is someone who was involved with the process to tell us what they found in playing the game in different ways so many times. What turned out to be most fun.

Of course...it is your game so..er...play it how you want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls