Severus Snape
Canada
flag msg tools
"The eternal silence of these infinite spaces terrifies me." Blaise Pascal
badge
"There is yet faith, but the faith and the hope and the love are all in the waiting." T.S. Elliot
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the modification of +1 or -1 per German depot based whether or not the weather was overcast or clear for three impulses prior to the supply phase? Does the weather at the beginning of that turn have anything to do with the supply at the end of the turn, or is just the number of clear or overcast impulses?

Could someone else make an effort to explain the Sunset DRM with an extended example, one not found in either the AH or L2D rulebook?

I have pushed around the counters enough to think that this is a good game, despite the "clarity" of the rules. BKN's rules are so garbled that I may have to stop complaining about Ted Raicer rulebooks. I do not know whether to hurl things at the rulebook angry or hurl when I reread these rules for the umpteenth time gulp.

You know it is worse than the worst if I have to bite my tongue around a Raicer rulebook. shake

goo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Knoll
Canada
Shilo
Manitoba
flag msg tools
MMP Disliker
badge
Soldier for Up Front, but is my back to the Volga or the Spree river?
mbmbmbmbmb
Test
Clear Weather Turn

On a clear day the German Depots are worth 5.

Ex. On the 5th impulse the Allies roll a hard 5. The weather changes to overcast. Now the value of the Depots will increase by one for every 3 impulses of overcast weather FRU.

On impulse 10 the allies roll a hard 10. the weather changes back to clear. On impulse 11 the allies roll and the day ends.

Looking at the track were you placed the overcast and clear markers you see you had 5 impulses of overcast during a clear day. The Depots are worth 7 points each. Base 5 (5/3 FRU) = 5 + 2 = 7

Overcast Day

The exact same in reverse.

German Depots worth 10-2 = 8.

Edit: Fat fingers and iPhone error
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nels Thompson
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

So, it's an *Allied* impulse. The Allied player announces his activation, does some stuff, and makes a combat roll. That roll, is the Sunset DR for this impulse. Both players know, right now, whether the day will end, or if the weather will change, after the impulse in progress. Allied player does some more stuff, even rolls more combat dice. He declares a double impulse, and does more stuff, rolls and overrun, and does even more harm, and rolls more dice. The impulse ends when the Allied player has done everything he wants to do in that impulse.

Suppose the Allied player passed or never rolled a DR during his impulse? Now that the impulse is over, the Allied player makes a dedicated Sunset DR. If he makes a dedicated Sunset DR, he can't do anything except declare a double impulse for another activation. The original activation is over. (There is a Sunset DR during every Allied impulse. There is no way to get around it.)

Now that first roll takes effect as the Sunset DR. Either the day continues and the impulse marker moves forward and it is the German player's turn, or the day continues and marker moves forward and the weather changes and it is the German player's turn, or the day ends and you go to the Refit Phase.

Exception: If the Allied impulse was a naval or air bombardment, the day can end, but the weather cannot change and the impulse marker does not move if the day continues. Play note: it's best to use those markers before impulse 3.

(Day ends if less than current impulse #, weather changes if equal to current impulse #, and impulses C, B, and A are treated like they are #'s less than zero. It's impossible to change the weather before impulse 2. Impossible to end the day before impulse 3.)

The AH rules are a little bit different.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Severus Snape
Canada
flag msg tools
"The eternal silence of these infinite spaces terrifies me." Blaise Pascal
badge
"There is yet faith, but the faith and the hope and the love are all in the waiting." T.S. Elliot
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks again, Nels.

goo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls