Hide
20 Posts

Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game – Dark City» Forums » General

Subject: Where did you purchase your copy? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Holden Attradies
msg tools
So where did everyone end up picking there copy up?

Barnes and Noble (where I got the main set) doesn't seem to be carrying this. My flgs isn't actually very friendly and has some of the worst customer service around and I couldn't even get them to check if it's something they might be carrying/have on order. I ended up ordering it straight from Upper Deck because they had WAY WAY better price on shipping compared to Amazon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R N
msg tools
mb
There's CSI (Coolstuffinc) - http://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/165534

and Miniature Market - http://www.miniaturemarket.com/udelegdbg.html

You can get $5-$6 shipping from CSI but it's like a 8-15 day wait, I'm not sure with Miniature Market.

I got mine through CSI. They filled my shipping box with popcorn foam...... argh.. my nemisis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lang Bedang
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
FortyRock
badge
Beware of Rocks
mbmbmbmbmb
My FLGS had a number of copies - below MSRP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Webb
United States
North Little Rock
Arkansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Had it preordered on CSI. Also spent a load on nice sleeves for it and the base, but so far it's been worth it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Knobbly Savage
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also ordered through CSI, and as an international customer, I was kinda amazed at how fast and how cheap I got it. It arrived today, a week after they they shipped it with the cheapest shipping option, and I paid $28 for shipping, including them brokering it through customs... the shipping label said that they actually had to pay $44 to ship it, so I kinda feel bad for costing them money now...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacovis
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FLGS. I couldn't wait for the discount.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Croyd Crenson
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmb
I live in a VERY dangerous part of the city (well,for my wallet) :

- The gaming shop is 5 mins. from my place.
- The comic shop is 30 secs. from my place.

So i picked up L-DC at the gaming shop and picked up my comics on the way back!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Durtschi
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Amazon, $34.95 and free shipping, nobody else had it for that cheap on day one. The local game shop had it listed at $40, but they bought a few copies and they were pre-sold-out. Even with the free shipping, it was here in 3 days. I can't complain at all.

But, had they not been sold out, I would have bought it for 40 (plus tax) at my FLGS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan DeLano
United States
Tooele
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Teleklos wrote:
Had it preordered on CSI. Also spent a load on nice sleeves for it and the base, but so far it's been worth it.
This.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Broggi
United States
Southwick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FLGS at MSRP

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I preordered it from CSI (CoolStuffInc.com) along with some other games to get free shipping. I received it 2 days after it was released.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Edmore
Michigan
flag msg tools
I bought mine at the closest place that had it, Which for me was a 80 mile drive to Out of the Box in Zeeland,Mi
I met a real nice guy and informed person named Jeff (I think he was the store owner) who helped me buy a few items.

King of Tokyo
Dark City
Forbidden Island
Castle panic and Expansion

really nice store and selection.

Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Holt
United States
Niceville
Florida
flag msg tools
I picked my copy up from my local game shop. I already pre ordered it from them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
btrhoads
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HoldenAttraides wrote:
So where did everyone end up picking there copy up?

Barnes and Noble (where I got the main set) doesn't seem to be carrying this. My flgs isn't actually very friendly and has some of the worst customer service around and I couldn't even get them to check if it's something they might be carrying/have on order. I ended up ordering it straight from Upper Deck because they had WAY WAY better price on shipping compared to Amazon.
Got mine from my FLGS. Pre-Ordered from them. http://www.sixfeetundergames.com/

Sorry to here about yours not being very customer service oriented. After web store convenience and pricing, that is probably the biggest single issue affecting the success of a brick and mortar store.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Holden Attradies
msg tools
btrhoads wrote:

Sorry to here about yours not being very customer service oriented. After web store convenience and pricing, that is probably the biggest single issue affecting the success of a brick and mortar store.
Yet some how the darn place stays open... I think because it's the only all in one nerd store in town (I.e. comics and games) and has been that way for decades. Plus I live in Alaska where you really can't just choose to drive a few city's over to another towns store, being there really isn't other city's near by. A lot of online game stores only ship ups, which doesn't consider Alaska "ground" shippable so a lot of times the cheapest shipping option from online stores is like 70+ dollars.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
elitusprime
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Man, Sub-creator, the refracted Light through whom is splintered from a single White to many hues, and endlessly combined in living shapes that move from mind to mind.
mbmbmbmbmb
FLGS. Although I ordered by sleeves from Amazon because the FLGS was out of stock on what I needed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DarthEd wrote:
I preordered it from CSI (CoolStuffInc.com) along with some other games to get free shipping. I received it 2 days after it was released.
Man, how did they bone me over? I'm in New York, and it took a week!

EDIT: I don't blame CoolStuff; they shipped it on release day. I blame FedEx. angry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Korchnoi
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Has anyone seen our beagle????
Microbadge: Catholic - Sacred HeartMicrobadge: Parent of Two BoysMicrobadge: Wargamer - WW2: Pacific TheaterMicrobadge: Horrified by the Invisible ManMicrobadge: I love Pittsburgh
I got mine at my FLGS. The cool thing about their store is they have a "ding and dent" section and I picked up a copy of Batman: Arkham City Escape the same day for 50% off thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DiggetyDog46 wrote:
DarthEd wrote:
Man, how did they bone me over? I'm in New York, and it took a week!

EDIT: I don't blame CoolStuff; they shipped it on release day. I blame FedEx. angry
Sorry. That sucks. I live near Washington, DC, and I always seem to get my CSI shipments in 2 days.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Groeneweg
United States
Clear Lake
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I did get it from my FLGS. Had them pre-order it for me. They gave me a decent deal and wanted to throw the business their way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls