Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adhika Widyaparaga
Indonesia
Yogyakarta
- None -
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are there any plans to re-release this? It's really hard to find.
Any possibility FFG would be interested in rereleasing this a Horus Heresy LCG?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hard to picture, consideirng the recent reprinting of the boardgame Horus Heresy (2010) seemed to be a flat out bust. At least, there's little to no buzz surrounding that game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adhika Widyaparaga
Indonesia
Yogyakarta
- None -
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thats too bad.. While initially the reception of the Horus Heresy boardgame was chilly, I thought the game was excellent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
adhikayev wrote:
Thats too bad.. While initially the reception of the Horus Heresy boardgame was chilly, I thought the game was excellent.
Yeah, I haven't played the boardgame yet, but a good friend has it, so I expect we will play it at some point. It sure looks good. I know that the one thing that kind of turned me off was using cards instead of dice for combat resolution. I mean, c'mon, it's the 40K universe - you HAVE to use dice to resolve battles!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adhika Widyaparaga
Indonesia
Yogyakarta
- None -
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
desertfox2004 wrote:
adhikayev wrote:
Yeah, I haven't played the boardgame yet, but a good friend has it, so I expect we will play it at some point. It sure looks good. I know that the one thing that kind of turned me off was using cards instead of dice for combat resolution. I mean, c'mon, it's the 40K universe - you HAVE to use dice to resolve battles!
LOL.. early on I had the same thoughts about using cards for the battles. But after getting the hang of the battle system, i found out that the battle cards actually work quite well. They give just enough randomness (because you draw new cards for every battle), yet provide a thematic narrative. Once I had a bunch of my custodes, guardsmen and Astartes surround my opponent's Death Guard, fighting round after round of battle, when my opponent unleashed a plague by Mortarion (which I didnt have enough cards to block with due to my cardplay earlier being too aggressive).

In addition, since the number of cards we can play each battle round increases and active player switches each round [e.g. : 1st round attacker plays (can play one card), second round defender plays (can play two cards), 3rd round attacker plays again (3 cards), back and forth like this], we agonize whether we should use all our potential cards or save some for defense the next round in which our opponent can retaliate stronger. Great game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Kuster
Canada
Okotoks
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It just got re-released, looks very similar IMO.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/156776/warhammer-4000...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls