United States
Ithaca
New York
flag msg tools
badge
If this isn't nice, what is?
mbmbmbmbmb
First of all loving this game!

When moving: can you jump over other players with enough movement points?

When the coin supply runs out what happens when people earn more?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew S. Fischer
United States
Devon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
The rule states: Only 1 player piece may occupy a small or mid-sized tile, whereas 2 player pieces may occupy a large tile simultaneously. So I'd say you certainly can move through other players.

I suppose the coin supply could run out, although it seems unlikely. One possible house rule would be to mimic the "out of stones" rule: If a player is entitled to receive a stone that is no longer available in the storage, all players must return half the amount (rounded down) of their stones of this size to the storage. Then the player receives his stone(s).

So, if no coins are in the supply, my house rule would require that all players return half the amount of their coins (rounded down) to the supply. This would occur when someone selects one of the last three income/stone cards on display. It actually adds a bit of strategy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Gerrits
Belgium
Leuven
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
asfhgwt wrote:
The rule states: Only 1 player piece may occupy a small or mid-sized tile, whereas 2 player pieces may occupy a large tile simultaneously. So I'd say you certainly can move through other players.

In some of the other languages it explicitly states that you can move through occupied spaces.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Ithaca
New York
flag msg tools
badge
If this isn't nice, what is?
mbmbmbmbmb
asfhgwt wrote:
I suppose the coin supply could run out, although it seems unlikely. One possible house rule would be to mimic the "out of stones" rule: If a player is entitled to receive a stone that is no longer available in the storage, all players must return half the amount (rounded down) of their stones of this size to the storage. Then the player receives his stone(s). So, if no coins are in the supply, all players would return half the amount of their coins (rounded down) to the supply.

The rules don't state to do that with coins. My players have run out of coins many times so far. We've been playing where they simply don't get to take more money at that point. It's very easy to run out of the coin supply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew S. Fischer
United States
Devon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
So how does the game work when the coin supply runs out? Do players start moving their playing pieces three steps along the road? Are players annoyed? Does it ruin the game, or alter it to an unpleasant degree?

What's the alternative, other than re-stocking the coin supply?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dave maltbie
United States
hamilton
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Did anyone get a clear answer on what to do when the coin supply runs out?
thanks
djm

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.