Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sue Hemberger

Washington
Dist of Columbia
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've enjoyed playing Camelot (the still-in-print French edition of Ivanhoe) as a two-player game with my daughter, but thought it would play better with three. Yet our first three-player game was bad -- the "stunned" card seems overpowering in a game with more than 2 players because it routinely excludes whomever it is played on from tournaments (they'd have to have a single card that overpowered the two (or more cards) played in the round prior to their turn). Limited participation in tournaments, in turn, drastically reduces the number of times the stunned player draws a new card, thereby making it pretty unlikely that s/he will draw the one card that can undo "stunned" after it has been played. So, basically, you have player elimination.

Is this how it usually works, or was our bad experience the result of inexperience? I ask because the player who played stunned ended up losing because he was left alone to battle the leader. His conclusion was "oops, played that too early -- I'll wait next time."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
The Stunned card (just like the Shield) only remains until the person with that card in their display either wins or drops out of the tournament. In either case all displayed cards, including Stunned and Shield, are put in the discard pile.

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
The Herbie Nichols Project - Dr. Cyclops' Dream
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nearly all my plays have been three-player - my wife and son enjoy the game. Works fine for us.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sue Hemberger

Washington
Dist of Columbia
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Octavian wrote:
The Stunned card (just like the Shield) only remains until the person with that card in their display either wins or drops out of the tournament.

Well, that explains it, LOL!! Thanks so much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.