L Myrick
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The full-color player aides that come with the game are excellent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sadler
United States
Olney
Maryland
flag msg tools
From the Halls of Montezuma...
badge
...to the Shores of Tripoli...
mbmbmbmbmb
You are kidding, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, the CsW forum for this game is chock full of folks asking questions which are completely answered in the rules, some of which are answered with specific sections that deal with the person's question.

I do hope you'll either just tough it out with your crib sheet or try a cup of coffee and a once through on the rule book.

(On a 10 point scale of game complexity/rules, C&C might be a 3. Very fun game, creative, delightful, and has some wonderful combinations and high excitement level. But calling these rules a sleeper...)

By the way, the rules have specific guidelines for how to put on the stickers.. there are many more of some stickers than are needed in the game. I hope you at least read that far. (But then, you did thank someone for telling you that there are reference guide sheets in the box... so maybe not.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Low
Australia
Footscray
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, the reference sheet in the box is intimidating but once you get the hang of the headings at the top, it's quite good.

If you've played Memoir 44 and/or Battle Cry, it's pretty similar. If so, you can pretty much play by reading these new rules:

1) Evade
2) Battle Back
3) Line defense (that allows player to ignore first retreat flag).
4) Leader (the leader rules are somewhat similar to BC)

Also get familiar with the units (they go from light ranged to Auxilia Infantry to heavy infantry, then there's the light to heavy mounted troops).

I think we've been spoilt by plastic minis and full colour glossy rules. The game is well worth the effort.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Paul
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
John Foley has been collecting all the FAQs from and answers from the designer himself on his website

http://www.thewargamer.com/ccancients/

I find this is quite helpful as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.