GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,441 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

1862: Railway Mania in the Eastern Counties» Forums » General

Subject: New kickstarter project rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Hutton
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
For those who are interested, we're about to start a new Kickstarter campaign to get 1862/EA published. We've taken on board some of the concerns expressed last time, and are aiming for a lower total. The project will not last very long, so please keep your eyes peeled! At the moment we're looking to run this for only 10 days, but will contact all the people who kindly showed their support for the previous project.

Please let anyone you know who is interested (or could be interested) in getting hold of a copy that we'll be starting this very soon. I will post back later when we start. Please also note that this is *not* going to be a large (1000) print run like the last 1860 one - unless we get inundated with support that is, which would be nice - if you want a copy you'll need to seriously consider getting one up front.

Many thanks for your interest and support,

Mike.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
“It's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
Keep us posted, Mike! meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bradshaw
United Kingdom
Newcastle Upon Tyne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mike Hutton wrote:
if you want a copy you'll need to seriously consider getting one up front.

What? We'll need to buy that as well?

Good luck with this one Mike - looks like a very interesting addition to the 18xx canon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Scholes
United States
Pecham
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Will you have a pledge level pairing 1862 with 1860? I would have pledged last time to get both but that level was all gone by the time I discovered the KS campaign.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fire Lord
United States
Fort Collins
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What's the rationale for the shorter, 10 day, campaign?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Burster of Bubbles, Destroyer of Dreams.
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
Just imagine the red offboard up here. I'll create it Real Soon Now...
badge
Yes, I know a proper 18XX tile should have a tile number.
mbmbmbmbmb
bankrupt wrote:
Will you have a pledge level pairing 1862 with 1860? I would have pledged last time to get both but that level was all gone by the time I discovered the KS campaign.

The bundling was enabled by a corporate structure that may have contributed to the failure of the first Kickstarter campaign.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Morganza wrote:
bankrupt wrote:

The bundling was enabled by a corporate structure that may have contributed to the failure of the first Kickstarter campaign.

Markus didn't bring the games, the guy who bought up JKLM stock from bankruptcy did. I don't think that should have been an issue.

B>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Ideström
Germany
Bremen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Could you please updated your shipping costs with more detailed country lists.
I seriously doubt that the shipping "UK to Ireland" costs as much as "UK to New Zealand", but according to your current list would both cost £15.
And why is now the free shipping for Europe gone?
At the previous campaign you were still offering "Free delivery for those living in Europe" if pledging 1 copy of 1862.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chester
United States
Temple
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thepackrat wrote:
Morganza wrote:
bankrupt wrote:

Markus didn't bring the games, the guy who bought up JKLM stock from bankruptcy did. I don't think that should have been an issue.

B>

Regardless, the perception was probably poison for a few would-be supporters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.