Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Dieringer
United States
Schenectady
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I doubt eBay is an option as it has seriously devalued over the past months. Limited editions that were going for over $150 are not down to about 50-60. The plastic versions are lower.

If the paintjob is excellent, that may help the value, but in honestly, I would pay less for a poorly painted copy than an unpainted one.

I guess this is a prime example of why day trading with boardgames is a risky business.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin M
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got the edition with lead minitures(unpainted) that I'm pondering what to do with. It was going to sell it on e-bay but I thought I may have to wait a year or so.

An explanation: I bought it when it came out but it only got a couple of plays before our group split up (weddings, deaths & religeous conversions all took their toll), it's been in various cupboards and attics for years and has too many rules for my euro gaming family to get into now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Universal Head
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
Professional creative visual communication: www.universalhead.com
badge
Game summaries and reference sheets: www.headlesshollow.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Man, I wouldn't part with my old copy (with painted metal miniatures) for anything!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Gunter
United States
Cypress
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
There is every reason to own both versions. I just recently got the old version off ebay for cheap (or about the cost of a new game)and picked up the new version today. They are basically two different games. The rules have been updated and the pieces in the new one are nicer. Think NOSTALGIA. You will play the new one more frequently, of course, but will break out the old one on occasion. I compare this to cars. I drive my newer car for daily transport - better gas milage, drives better, is safer, etc,etc. But on the weekends, I crank up my classic Mopar and take it for a spin. There's nothing that can compare to the older cars. Just like the newer version of these games, esp. when the upgrades have changed the play you can look back to the older version for what it was like. A classic... and there is nothing like it...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.