GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,527 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
13 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game» Forums » General

Subject: FFG forum update. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ron B
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
About time!!

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=4221
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
About time indeed

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert M.
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I stopped using the FFG site because their forum software was so bad. Now I don't know how badly I want to go back...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric B.
United States
East Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vorpal Sword wrote:
I stopped using the FFG site because their forum software was so bad. Now I don't know how badly I want to go back...

In my albeit infrequent and brief perusing of the FFG boards, I've always been shocked at the lack of quality in the discussion. An awful lot of incoherent posts and/or posts that were needlessly aggressive, dismissive, entitled, or hostile. Plus the boards looked atrocious and were annoying to navigate. The new software may fix the aesthetics and navigation, but I'm not anticipating it will improve the overall tone and quality of the discussions in an rapid way (though being able to thumb and rate posts might move somewhat toward this).

I still have no plans to join their boards. Really, the BGG boards have become about the only gaming forum I participate in because the level of discussion and respect is usually stellar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Theel
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with RogueThirteen - I had no problems with the form or function of FFG's forums, however, the content was horrible. People posting nonsense, no meaningful discussion, and general lack of knowledge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't like the 'fluff' so much (lot of wasted space on a screen, sucks for mobile devices), but it was livable. What was unforgivable for me was no way to 'subscribe' to a thread. So if I wanted to know if someone responded to any given topic, I had to keep coming back to the forum. Kind of annoying.

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Pounsett
Australia
Mount Gambier
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I never used the site too much except for setting up my profile and checking the articles, etc, but I am looking forward to seeing how it looks after it comes back online to see about taking part there again.

I'll still be here though, albeit mostly watching from the sidelines as I do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric
Canada
Gatineau
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's working now

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.