Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
14 Posts

Android: Netrunner» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Corp Deck (Jinteki) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Trying to build a Jinteki deck right now, which is aiming at flatlining the Runner with excessive net damage. This is more of a fun deck for casual play, not for tournaments. Scoring Agendas is more of a secondary option.

The main idea is to use Whirlpool and Bullfrog, or Whirlpool and Cell Portal, or Midori to surprise the Runner. Matrix Analyzer is mainly used to advance Ice Wall, but can also be used on Agendas or Traps, if the situation allows for it.

There is a low amount of Agenda cards in the deck, to keep the game from ending too quickly.


CORP
-- Jinteki; 49 Cards; 20 Agenda Points

Jinteki: Replicating Perfection

Agenda (8)

3x Fetal AI
1x Braintrust
1x Priority Requisition
3x Executive Retreat

Asset (11)

2x Project Junebug
3x Snare!
1x Edge of the World
2x Melange Mining Corp.
3x Pad Campaign

Operation (3)

3x Beanstalk Royalties ■ ■ ■

Ice (22)

1x Cell Portal
3x Chum
3x Neural Katana
3x Wall of Thorns
3x Bullfrog
3x Whirlpool
3x Ice Wall ■ ■ ■
3x Matrix Analyzer ■■ ■■ ■■

Upgrade (5)

2x Midori
3x Experiential Data ■ ■ ■

Influence

Haas-Bioroid (3)
NBN (6)
Weyland Consortium (6)


Bye
Thanee
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grzegorz Pijas
msg tools
mb
You want to kill runner and you play rp.
Also you dont have ronin, emp, data mine plus you dont have enought money to play with Midori.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I've thought about using the other Identity, but it seems pretty weak in comparison. Sure, you can always hope for a Snare! + Fetal AI draw, but overall, the RP ability seems more useful, making the Runner waste precious actions.

As for the Ice, I have thought about Data Mine, but it also seems too weak, and there are only that many slots for Ice.

I hope economy won't be a huge problem, since most of the Ice are really cheap.

Bye
Thanee
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Barrett
United States
Schaumburg
IL
flag msg tools
mbmb
Can you stop posting your shitty threads all over the place
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Jennings
Australia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Thanee wrote:
I've thought about using the other Identity, but it seems pretty weak in comparison. Sure, you can always hope for a Snare! + Fetal AI draw, but overall, the RP ability seems more useful, making the Runner waste precious actions.

As for the Ice, I have thought about Data Mine, but it also seems too weak, and there are only that many slots for Ice.

I hope economy won't be a huge problem, since most of the Ice are really cheap.

Bye
Thanee
As a primarily Jinteki player, I can tell you that you certainly don't have enough economy, but moreover not to underestimate Personal Evolution. Just the steady ping of damage as you score, and that ping when they do steal something can really mess with the tempo. It also lets you leave an agenda pretending to be a Junebug, then you can score it for a clickless Neural EMP, combined with a Ronin.

Jinteki flatline is about constant damage with the occasional burst.

No Hokusai Grid, No Data Mines, No EMPs. You're expecting to flatline the runner with... Snare? That only works if the Runner messes up. Ice Walls, but no Kaguya or Trick of Light. Being Jinteki, but no Nisei.

This deck just seems hopelessly aimless, like it started out trying to be a shell game deck then decided to play flatline instead, and forgot entirely about money.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I might be trying too hard to have a backup plan here.

I will try the deck and see if my plan works or not, then I can still tweak it.

Bye
Thanee
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Andrew, you might want to take a very close look at your own username... Chill!

Bye
Thanee
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob L
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Since you have 3 inf free, maybe drop the bullfrogs for some Popup Windows to help your economy? You're playing RP, you can drop them in front of your centrals.

Also, swap in some Nisei's. They're one of the best agendas Jinteki has. I'd also work in some Tricks of Light and Ronin as well, since you're using Ice Walls.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Bullfrog is a key card in my plan, so definitely not going to drop that.

I might switch Identity, if the other one works better, it is not set in stone.

I'm not overly worried about economy, there are 8 cards that help with it after all. And most of the stuff in the deck is cheap.

Trick of Light was in the deck initially, but I had to cut something.

The only cards, I think I can drop are the Experimental Data Upgrades, as they are not really necessary, more nice to have.

I will look into Nisei and Ronin. Thanks!

Bye
Thanee
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob L
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Thanee wrote:
The only cards, I think I can drop are the Experimental Data Upgrades, as they are not really necessary, more nice to have.
Maybe swap them for some Hokusai Grids?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
Sometimes you have to roll the hard six.
badge
I'm getting my men...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanee wrote:
Bullfrog is a key card in my plan, so definitely not going to drop that.

I might switch Identity, if the other one works better, it is not set in stone.

I'm not overly worried about economy, there are 8 cards that help with it after all. And most of the stuff in the deck is cheap.

Trick of Light was in the deck initially, but I had to cut something.

The only cards, I think I can drop are the Experimental Data Upgrades, as they are not really necessary, more nice to have.

I will look into Nisei and Ronin. Thanks!

Bye
Thanee
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh!

Always read that wrong, heh! blush

But at least it means the same thing.

Bye
Thanee
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Schadt
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanee wrote:
But at least it means the same thing. ;)
Not really.
1 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, not quite the same, of course, but somewhat similar (they even have some matching synonyms there).

Bye
Thanee
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls