Subject: Agricola Storage Solution with Sizes and Links rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: Storage [+] Plano [+] myFavs [+] Pimped [+] [View All]
the kitster
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I know there are many posts on different storage solutions for Agricola, but I thought I would offer my solution to fit the following requirements:

1) Storage must accommodate Mayday meeples (animeeples, resourcemeeples, farmermeeples).
2) Everything must fit back in original game box, with box top closing FLUSH.
3) All boxes must be easily available on-line with links and dimensions posted to minimize confusion or trial and error.

Previously, I had been using the Plano 3620. It was nice because it had enough compartments to fit all meeples and player pieces in a single box. Unfortunately, the box top did not close flush, leaving about a 3cm gap, so I decided to look for other options.

Also, although I love the creativity of self-made storage solutions, I really wanted something that could be easily obtained with a minimum of fuss or hassle, for maximum reproducibility.

Here goes:

Pimped Meeples
Mayday Premium Wooden Box + Wooden Meeple Set
http://maydaygames.com/wooden-box-token-set-euro-farmer-anim...
Sadly, the animeeple pigs that came with my version of Agricola could not be used because they require more space than the Mayday pigs in the Plano box. So I am using the Mayday animeeples rather than the German animeeples. (I think I prefer them anyway because they take up less space on the game board, but that has been covered in another thread).
Also, the wooden box isn't used, but costs less than the set without the box so just get it and use for extra game piece storage.

Game Sleeves
Mayday Standard Euro 59x92mm (Blue)
http://maydaygames.com/card-sleeves-59-92-mm-100-pack-euro.h...
Premium sleeves would be too thick to fit in my storage solution. That said, other than the cards used in the base Family Game, the other cards aren't handled that frequently so you could probably get away with not sleeving at all.

Card Baggies
Provided in Agricola game

Resourcemeeple Storage
Plano 3500
http://www.amazon.com/Plano-23500-00-Stowaway-Adjustable-Div...
I did have to request a few extra dividers which are provided free of charge by Plano through their website. (Comes with 4, I used 7).

Player Pieces Storage
Medium Hinged Box 3-3/4" x 3" x 3/4" h, Container Store, x5
http://www.containerstore.com/shop?productId=10032173&N=&Ntt...

Cardboard Punchouts Storage (Rooms, Fields, Multipliers, Starting Player)
Mini 1-Compartment Box, Container Store, x2
http://www.containerstore.com/shop/containers/dividedBoxes?p...

---Placement---

Layer 1 (Top):
Resourcemeeples in Plano Box
Family Game Deck (Major Improvements, Stage Cards, Beggar Cards, Scoring Cards)
Occupations for 2p, E-Deck

Layer 2:
Minor Improvements, E-Deck
Playermeeples in Boxes x4

Layer 3:
Minor Improvements, I-Deck
Occupations, I-Deck
Minor Improvements, K-Deck
Occupations, K-Deck
Occupations for 3+ players, E-Deck, and 3+ player Action Cards
Cardboard Punchout in Boxes x2
Playermeeples in Box x1

Layer 4 (Bottom):
Game Boards and Instructions

---Images---

From gallery of thekitster

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Young
United States
Orange Park
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Microbadge: Pretzel Games fanMicrobadge: Azul: Stained Glass of Sintra fanMicrobadge: Eggert Spiele fanMicrobadge: Next Move Games fanMicrobadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level I - One small step for geek... One giant leap for geek-kind!
Brilliant solution! Thanks for posting links and pics, I'll be ordering these soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Breadman Mead
msg tools
This is the first post I found on BGG for Agricola Storage Solutions. I don't know if it's the best, because I haven't looked at any others, but you sold me. I bought all these things and now my box is packed away tightly like yours.

The small Plano box is perfect for the supply, as well. Thanks man!

Maybe one day, if I'm feeling motivated, I'll print out some containers for the decks, but for now, the plastic bags are perfect.

The only thing I changed is that I included all of the action cards for 3+ players in the "family game deck" bag, since I don't always play with occupations and minor improvements when playing with 3+ players, so I felt the action cards belonged that main bag.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustavo Sanchez
United States
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Meaty Game fanMicrobadge: Dungeon-crawlerMicrobadge: Fan of Games Dripping with ThemeMicrobadge: Level 03 BGG poster
Great job!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oscar Herrera
Mexico
Villahermosa
Tabasco
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Agricola fanMicrobadge: Anachrony fanMicrobadge: Nations: The Dice Game ā€“ UnrestMicrobadge: Deus fanMicrobadge: Viceroy fan
Excellent Solution. I bought all of it. Now i have my Agricola well organized. Thank you so much for posting!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ellie Mason
Australia
flag msg tools
Hi, are the box sizes the same for Agricola and Agricola 2nd Edition? Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Tornabe
United States
Burlington
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: 1 Player Guild - Together We Game AloneMicrobadge: ThunderGryph Games "Tao Long" Contest participantMicrobadge: Rahdo Runs Through 2017 Super Fan!Microbadge: Level 02 BGG posterMicrobadge: Silver Board Game Collector
EllieMay wrote:
Hi, are the box sizes the same for Agricola and Agricola 2nd Edition? Cheers
Thats my question too. I would think so because it doesn't have all those cards. But be nice to be conirmed

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody Knox
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Uwe says...Microbadge: Eldritch Horror fanMicrobadge: Deep Space Nine fanMicrobadge: Copper Board Game Collector
I just lucked out today and thought Iā€™d share. This is for 2nd Edition. At Joann Fabrics for $7: a Solutions Artbin by Flameau, model #6944AT, stock #6944AG. Holds everything except the player pieces.
From gallery of cknox77

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls