GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,505 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
16 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
1 Posts

1775: Rebellion» Forums » Sessions

Subject: First play, with a come-from-behind-victory rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Densham
United States
Middleville
MI
flag msg tools
Season ticket on a one-way ride...
mbmbmbmbmb
I love this game. Without tons of rules you get the feel for the decisions both sides made in the conduct of the war. That being said...

First session. Tim vs. Anthony

I started this game trying to grow from the center, expanding north. Instead, Anthony kept clobbering me with reinforcement cards and great dice rolls. In a couple turns the US side actually lost all its colonies (leading to a question in the rules forums here).

Lucky for me, the Continental side drew the "warships", and managed to raid the south in order to take a colony there, allowing the Patriots to pour into the south. My fled box was full of Patriots that deemed 'living to fight another day' was a great outlook for life.

By turn 4 Anthony had control of the north, and me the south. Unfortunately, my strength was mostly located along the seaboard, with the western interior very, very open... So my rebirth as a southern focused patriot was wrecked when about 6 British and Loyalists started an Appalachian tour and ended up contesting control of 6 colonies, leading to a desperate struggle for the US to regain the majority of colonies. In the end, it came down to the French launching an amphibious assault on Rhode Island, and me getting really, really lucky.

The French victory at the "Battle of Rhode Island" will be remembered as the last battle of the Revolution and will leave the USA forever in the debt of their French allies... To Anthony's credit, he led the game throughout and only lost due to very poor luck on the last turn.

This is a very fun, and relatively fast game. I think rules explanation, setup, and play clocked in at about just over 2.5 hours. Can't wait to play again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.