Damien Seb. ●leoskyangel●
Malaysia
Bangsar & PJ
flag msg tools
badge
I play games not to win, it's the gathering that's important - Thanks for the tip Cate108!
mbmbmbmbmb
Such a great game. I had fun and excited to introduce this game to all my gaming members. However, a couple of questions just to make sure we're playing it right:

FREE ACTIONS

- I'm assuming free actions can be done anytime during your turn? If that's the case, if the wandering goblin is with you, you could even activate him right before you draw/take any cards in the beginning of your turn?

* The way we've been playing is that bribing the wandering goblin happens at the end of your launch/build rocket phase.

DRAW/TAKE ACTION

- does the draw/take action mandatory? We understand that there's no point of skipping this action during play, however in the 'finale', the decision to take card from the scrapyard could be important because if you choose to skip it, you could block the next player that needs the card underneath.

* We played where you may choose to skip the draw/take phase.

DRAWING CARD
- when you choose to draw cards (draw two cards from the top material deck), do you mix them with your hand, and then discard any one card of your choice or you discard one card from the two that you just drew?

* We've been playing like the latter.

WANDERING GOBLIN

- wandering goblin will go to you as soon as you launch a rocket. Now, does your turn completely over or you could bribe the wandering goblin right away (he'll even eat up your most valuable piece of material if you don't do anything).

* How we played is that, your turn immediately ends, and now it's the next player turn.

2ND TIE BREAKER
- Nick, any idea what could the 2nd tie breaker be? We played a 3 players game last night, where we all had 18 points and 3 types of medals. I was thinking of maybe who has the highest single piece medal value.

* We agreed for joint victory, although I eagerly wants to know if there could be an official 2nd tie breaker.
Cheers!

EDITED TWICE
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hayes
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Gargoyle's Quest" Gameboy, 1990
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm glad you enjoyed the game. Let me answer some of those questions.

dtroy_de_rapcore wrote:
FREE ACTIONS
- I'm assuming free actions can be done anytime during your turn? If that's the case, if the wandering goblin is with you, you could even activate him right before you draw/take any cards in the beginning of your turn?
You cannot do anything before you draw/take. After that, you can perform actions in any order you like.

dtroy_de_rapcore wrote:
DRAW/TAKE ACTION
- does the draw/take action mandatory? We understand that there's no point of skipping this action during play, however in the 'finale', the decision to take card from the scrapyard could be important because if you choose to skip it, you could block the next player that needs the card underneath.
You cannot choose to skip the draw/take phase, even if taking a card from the scrapheap would make a more desirable card available to the next player. That's just part of the game!

dtroy_de_rapcore wrote:
DRAWING CARD
- when you choose to draw cards (draw two cards from the top material deck), do you mix them with your hand, and then discard any one card of your choice or you discard one card from the two that you just drew?
You put both cards in your hand, then choose to discard any one card from your hand. You can end up keeping both cards you drew.

dtroy_de_rapcore wrote:
WANDERING GOBLIN
- wandering goblin will go to you as soon as you launch a rocket. Now, does your turn completely over or you could bribe the wandering goblin right away (he'll even eat up your most valuable piece of material if you don't do anything).
Your turn doesn't end until you are done taking your actions. You are allowed to launch a rocket to make the Wandering Gremlin appear and then bribe him with materials to perform other actions.

dtroy_de_rapcore wrote:
2ND TIE BREAKER
- Nick, any idea what could the 2nd tie breaker be? We played a 3 players game last night, where we all had 18 points and 3 types of medals. I was thinking of maybe who has the highest single piece medal value.
I think your solution is a good one. Whoever has the highest value medal from among the tied players is the winner.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malaysia
Bangsar & PJ
flag msg tools
badge
I play games not to win, it's the gathering that's important - Thanks for the tip Cate108!
mbmbmbmbmb
Black Canyon wrote:
I'm glad you enjoyed the game. Let me answer some of those questions.

dtroy_de_rapcore wrote:
DRAWING CARD
- when you choose to draw cards (draw two cards from the top material deck), do you mix them with your hand, and then discard any one card of your choice or you discard one card from the two that you just drew?[/]
You put both cards in your hand, then choose to discard any one card from your hand. You can end up keeping both cards you drew.

[q="dtroy_de_rapcore"]WANDERING GOBLIN
Your turn doesn't end until you are done taking your actions. You are allowed to launch a rocket to make the Wandering Gremlin appear and then bribe him with materials to perform other actions.

Okay, so you get to immediately activate and do chain of actions as soon as he goes to you. Thanks!

One more thing, you missed the "Drawing Action" question. Could you answer that one please?

Looking forward to give the game another go with the proper rule this time!
Thanks for replying, appreciate it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hayes
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Gargoyle's Quest" Gameboy, 1990
mbmbmbmbmb
The answer was in there but I messed up on the coding and it was hard to see. I edited the above post.

When you draw, you put both cards in your hand and then choose to discard any one card from your hand. It is possible to keep both cards you drew.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malaysia
Bangsar & PJ
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Black Canyon wrote:
The answer was in there but I messed up on the coding and it was hard to see. I edited the above post.

When you draw, you put both cards in your hand and then choose to discard any one card from your hand. It is possible to keep both cards you drew.
Ah my bad, I didn't notice you've replied the question. Thanks again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ghislain LEVEQUE
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just wanted to say that this OP is perfectly formatted, easy to read and nicely answered ! thumbsup

Nick, we should compile a FAQ for your games I have a bunch of questions for Jasper and Zot but I have to read through the forums to see if they are already answered

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malaysia
Bangsar & PJ
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
courtjus wrote:
I just wanted to say that this OP is perfectly formatted, easy to read and nicely answered ! thumbsup

Nick, we should compile a FAQ for your games I have a bunch of questions for Jasper and Zot but I have to read through the forums to see if they are already answered
Thanks! It's my very first thread asking questions on game ever. I have no idea if I should create multiple threads for different questions, or a single thread listing all the questions. My fear for the latter is that I may not be able to fit the type of query in the subject title, because IMO the title is important for future reference.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls